Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 341
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Week's Featured Advertisement: One Gently Used BrailleNote Apex32 Cell Notetaker With Perkins-Style, Braille Keyboard for USD $3,595.00!!!
Flying Blind, LLC is pleasantly shocked and excited to have a gently used BrailleNote Apex32 Notetaker for sale for USD $3,595.00 - that's approximately USD $2,800.00 off of it's suggested list price!!! The BrailleNote name is synonymous with excellence and innovation, and the Apex continues to set standards that other notetakers have yet to meet. This unit is in pristine condition, and is running Keysoft Version 9.2, the latest version of software available for the Apex! That, and it's robust yet intuitive functionality will offer limitless options to whomever receives it. This is a single unit and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Includes shipping anywhere within the continental United States. For more information, email email@example.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today!
1) GW Micro has so far created six of their concise video "How Do I Do That" tutorials covering different Window-Eyes tasks, fully usable by blind and sighted users.
2) Victor Reader Stream users can grab version 3.4.6 of the Stream software, and 3.5.6 of the Stream Companion program, using the Check for Update feature of the Companion. The upgrade provides navigational enhancements in DAISY and text books and improvements in handling Russian documents.
3) The Serotek site is busy these days. Read a review of the Aftershockz Bone Conduction Headphones:
SeroTalk Podcast 96: We're A Tween
Listen to the three sets of interviews conducted during the ATIA conference, and follow Mike Calvo as he blogs his way down to the CSUN conference.
4) Viewpoints podcast 1208 is a conversation with Serotek staff.
5) This edition of the tech doctor podcast covers such matters as jailbreaking iOS devices and Android tablets.
6) Register for a free webinar, Benefits of New Electronic Magnification Devices versus Conventional Magnifiers, to take place on Tuesday, 6 March at 17:00 GMT
7) Tech Access Weekly, Episode #127, is a 55-minute program on the latest tech news and buzz.
8. Maybe you want to read 10 Must-Learn Lessons For Twitter Newbies
9) A new version of the popular navigation app Ariadne GPS recently hit the iOS app store. Read about it and listen to a podcast.
10) Among new appleVis podcasts we have Getting Started With Hokusai, a Free and Fully Accessible Multitrack Audio Editor
Exploring Some of the Advanced Features of the Reminders App
Read, Create and Share QR Codes Quickly and Easily With Your iDevice
11) Version 8.1 of Keysoft is available, adding the ability to read PDF documents to the BrailleNote and VoiceNote mPower
12) Learn about the latest developments in Dolphin Guide, a product intended for use by seniors and others who find conventional windows unnecessarily challenging, on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 28 February at 01:00.
13) The Mystic Place Community web site is a multi user interactive site with File libraries, forums, member profiles etc.
14) Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to begin receiving Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday as part of your Facebook News Feed.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (just make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits Archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the 2012 Tidbits Archive at https://www.toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2012.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.***************************************