Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, November 7, 2013 - Volume 430
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Week's Featured Advertisement: One (1) Gently Used BrailleNote Apex BT 32 Cell Notetaker with GPS and Dictionary Applications for $3,495.00 USD!!!
Flying Blind, LLC is pleased and excited to have a BrailleNote Apex BT 32 Cell Notetaker with GPS and Dictionary Applications for sale this week for only $3,495.00 USD! This unit includes a BrailleNote GPS Receiver and Application valued at $1,500.00 USD as well as the Dictionary Utility valued at $200.00 USD. This unit with accessories retail for approximately $7,200.00 USD. But purchase them this week and take advantage of an over 50% discount - that's right - an approximate savings of $3,700.00 USD!!! The BrailleNote name is synonymous with excellence and innovation, and the Apex continues to set standards that other notetakers have yet to meet. This unit has been fully tested and is in excellent condition. It's robust yet intuitive functionality will offer limitless notetaking, navigation, and portable information management to whomever receives it. This is a single unit, sold only in combination with the aforementioned accessories, and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Price includes shipping anywhere within the continental United States. To be the first to secure this unit please use the Buy Now link included below. For more information or to order this product offline, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today!
Buy Now: One (1) Gently Used BrailleNote Apex BT 32 Cell Notetaker with GPS and Dictionary Applications for $3,495.00 USD:
1) The VHA Section 508 Team has produced the Fall 2013 Edition of "508 XPress" - A quarterly newsletter on making electronic content accessible to everyone:
2) This may be the same list we announced before, but this is a full list of Siri commands for iOS 7:
3) A lot of our software contains adware. Some are toolbars, some are their own ads. This list is updated by Gismo constantly as it changes:
4) This post is called "Helpful Hints on Optimising iOS7 for Persons with Low Vision":
5) This YouTube video features the developers of NVDA speaking in Brisbane:
6) Papa Sangre has been a popular iOS game among visually impaired users. Version II is now available for download for $3.95:
7) This post is called "Accessible Apps for News Junkies, No Rehab Required":
8) If you missed the webinar on using Window-Eyes with iTunes, you can listen now and use the study guide at:
9) In case you don't have enough already, here are "50 Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed":
10) This post, and its considerable resultant discussion, might be of interest to some: "Why I don't use an iPhone":
We'll catch up on audio material next week.***************************************
Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to begin receiving Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday as part of your Facebook News Feed at www.facebook.com/flyingblindllc. If you prefer an RSS Feed, you can access Flying Blind, LLC Publications as they become available using https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits. And finally, if audio / video is more your style then you can follow Flying Blind, LLC on YouTube at www.youtube.com/flyingblindllc.
Shopping for accessible technology? Check out the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store at www.flying-blind.com/store.html. All products offered in the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store are products that Larry L. Lewis, Jr. either personally uses, or publicly endorses. Flying Blind, LLC is proud to offer free shipping & handling on all orders over $100.00 USD within the 48 continental United States.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of Flying Blind, LLC Publications? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (just make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits Archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the 2013 Tidbits Archive at https://www.toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2013.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com or by texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828. Either method will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications. It's that easy.***************************************