Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, October 16, 2014 - Volume 479
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Week's Featured Advertisement: One Refurbished Braille Sense OnHand For $1,895.00 USD!!!
Flying Blind, LLC is pleased to announce the availability of one refurbished BrailleSense OnHand 18-Cell notetaker for $1,895.00 USD. This handheld AdapTech juggernaut is small enough to portably travel with you comfortably while powerful enough to perform the most robust notetaking tasks. The BrailleSense continues to set standards for reliability and innovation, giving users the ability to manage large amounts of data and interact with their sighted colleagues. This unit is in fantastic condition, ships with the latest BrailleSense update, and is listed here at over 50% off of its suggested list price. Price includes shipping within the 48 Continental United States. This unit will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. To be the first to secure this unit please use the Buy Now link included below. For more information or to order this product offline, email email@example.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today.
Buy Now - One Refurbished Braille Sense OnHand For $1,895.00 USD - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store
1) We start with a request. Are you involved with a community, informal group or organization that strives to assist blind computer users? This could be a local or regional computer club, a telephone chat group, an Internet chat site, or a mailing list that strives to welcome inexperienced or novice members. Services can be free, or some services might be limited to paying members. If so, Tek Talk would like you to say a few words about your group during its November 17 Internet broadcast. Please write with questions or suggestions of such resources to:
2) The Windows 10 Technical Preview is out, and the system has 32 new keyboard shortcuts:
3) The Rough Guide: Browsers, Operating Systems and Screen Reader Support has been updated:
4) Have a look at "A List of all the Google Now Voice Commands" from Access News Daisy:
5) This article from The Observer is entitled "Video Games Which Open the Door for the Blind to Play":
6) While we're talking about gaming, a group seeking to develop an accessible game would like those who might be interested to complete a short survey:
7) AtMac brings us "Accessibility for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus":
8) We failed to mention the "SPN Special: 100 Years of Amateur Radio" the week it came out:
9) The Tek Talk program scheduled for GMT Tuesday, 21 October at 00:00 will be an interactive one around the theme "The Accessible Gadgets Around My Home". The presenter and attendees will share ideas of applying low and high-tech solutions to this challenge:
Finally, here are some recent podcasts:
10A) SeroTalk Podcast 215:
10B) A Demonstration of the Social Links Feature in the Safari Browser for iOS:
10C) Quick Tip: A Workaround For The Back Button Bug In Safari On iOS 8:
10D) How Long Can You Keep Your Cute, Squishy Green CataGugl In The Air?
10E) Extend the Usability of the Mountbatten Brailler With the Bluetooth Extension Module and Companion iOS App:
10F) Microsoft One Drive Part 2: Deleting Files
10G) Samsung Galaxy S5 Unboxing and Setup:
10H) Park Bos
And from Eyes on Success:
10I) Long-Time Partner of One Who Loses Vision:
SUBSCRIBE: Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your name and email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications. It's that easy.
FACEBOOK: Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to begin receiving Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday as part of your Facebook News Feed: http://www.facebook.com/flyingblindllc.
YOUTUBE: If audio / video is more your style, then you can follow Flying Blind, LLC on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/flyingblindllc.
RSS FEED: If you prefer an RSS Feed, you can access Flying Blind, LLC Publications as they become available using: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
ONLINE STORE: Shopping for accessible technology? Check out the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/store.html. All products offered in the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store are products that Larry L. Lewis, Jr. either personally uses, or publicly endorses. Flying Blind, LLC is proud to offer free shipping & handling on all orders over $100.00 USD within the 48 continental United States.
QUESTIONS: Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVE: Visit the 2014 Tidbits Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2014.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT: Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.***************************************