Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, May 28, 2020 - Volume 757The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is your #1 online resource for current news and trends in Adaptive Technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Your Ad Here. Sponsorships Now Available.
The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is now offering 12 Annual Sponsorship Packages that will be used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication. Each Annual Sponsorship Package may be secured for only $1,200.00 USD per year. Sponsorship Packages are being offered on a first-come, first serve basis. There are currently 7 of 12 Sponsorship Packages still available. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this invaluable publication. Show your support for adaptive technology over the next 12 months while enjoying these incredible benefits:
Sponsorship Package Benefits:
➜ 1.) 4 "This Week's Featured Advertisement" Spots Over The Next 12 Months: (Just like this one.) Each Annual Sponsor may choose (from those dates still available within the Top Tech Tidbits Sponsorship Calendar) up to FOUR (4) "This Week's Featured Advertisement" dates within the calendar year of their sponsorship. That's 4 Issue dates reaching 6,500+ adaptive technology subscribers each.
➜ 2.) 48-52 Classified Ad Spots Over The Next 12 Months: Each Annual Sponsor is also allocated ONE (1) classified ad in every issue of Tidbits (each week) for the full year of their sponsorship. That's 48-52 Issues reaching 6,500+ adaptive technology subscribers each.And that's not all. If you'd like to learn more, please head on over to the Sponsorship Information section of the new Top Tech Tidbits website at https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html. If you're ready to secure your Sponsorship today please contact Aaron Di Blasi of Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. at: email@example.com.
1) Accessible Streaming Services with Audio Description for the Visually ImpairedThis is a thorough article detailing the accessibility and holdings of several services:
2) Tech-Related Recordings From ACBMany of the Zoom calls organized by American Council of the Blind or its affiliates relate to some aspect of technology, and recordings can be found here:
3) ACB Virtual Convention on Tek TalkFind out what will be available during the virtual convention, much of which will relate to technology, on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 2 June 2020 at 00:00:
4) NFB Virtual ConventionWhile we're mentioning these unusual consumer conventions, here is the link for information about the NFB Convention, which is free:
5) Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) Sessions From DequeYou can register to listen to recordings of Deque's sessions from GAAD:
6) What Can You Do in a Zoom Meeting?The Web Friendly Help blog seeks to answer this question:
7) Accessibility Fundamentals BadgeThis is a new four-module course from Microsoft:
8) Complete Guide to Narrator, May 2020 EditionThe May 2020 version of Windows has begun to roll out; it may take some weeks before your system receives it. In the meantime, Narrator has received lots of enhancements, and here is the new complete manual:
9) NV Access In-Process 26th May 2020Here is the latest NVDA news:
10) Inserting SIMM CardsIt turns out the process for putting SIMM cards into different iPhone models is a bit different from model to model. This podcast explains:
11) 6 Truths About Your Phone's Battery Life: All About Overcharging, Overheating, Fast ChargingThis CNet article might shed some light on this important topic:
12) Mosen At Large Episode #38This issue is almost entirely focused on technology:
13) Blind Bargains Qast #209Good to have the Qast back:
A Thank You To Larry LewisAs we come to the final item, regarding Freedom Scientific, a Vispero company, all subscribers who enjoy this publication should be duly appreciative of the 12-year run that Larry Lewis has had with this publication. For ten years, it was part of his business, Flying Blind, LLC, but for the last two years or so, Larry has paid the costs for Tidbits out of his pocket, because he knows people appreciate the publication. As you've read, we're working on a new and sustainable way to keep Tidbits going, but it's safe to say that without Larry, there wouldn't be a Tidbits to read today.
14) Freedom Scientific on Eyes on SuccessEpisode #2022 is an interview about Freedom Scientific offerings in the present and future:
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
Sponsor #1: Dean MartineauEditor, Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter
➜ This Week's Classified Ad: The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is your #1 online resource for current news and trends in Adaptive Technology.
Sponsor #2: Donna J. JodhanAuthor, Donna Jodhan Publications
➜ This Week's Classified Ad: Now you can enjoy easy listening! For the family! Audio mysteries to enrich your days with excitement, intrigue, and suspense! Join author Donna Jodhan.
Sponsor #3: John PanareseDirector, MacForTheBlind.com
Authorized Apple Business Affiliate
➜ This Week's Classified Ad: Meet John Panarese! World class trainer and consultant in Apple Mac computers, iOS devices and more! With years of experience working with blind and vision impaired persons!
Sponsors #5-12: Sponsorship Packages available.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad: The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is now offering 12 Annual Sponsorship Packages that will be used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication. Each Annual Sponsorship Package may be secured for only $1,200.00 USD per year. Sponsorship Packages are being offered on a first-come, first serve basis. There are currently 7 of 12 Sponsorship Packages still available. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this invaluable publication. Show your support for adaptive technology over the next 12 months while enjoying these incredible benefits:
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
RELEASE SCHEDULE:The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is sent out every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM EST.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: http://bit.ly/1irUr9E. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your name and email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://www.facebook.com/toptechtidbits.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://www.twitter.com/toptechtidbits.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be directed to our Editor, Dean Martineau, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by: