Home: Top Tech Tidbtits News: Top Tech Tidbtits Sign Up: Top Tech Tidbits Donate: Top Tech Tidbtits Search: Top Tech Tidbtits Facebook: Top Tech Tidbits Twitter: Top Tech Tidbits LinkedIn: Top Tech Tidbits YouTube: Top Tech Tidbits RSS: Top Tech Tidbits Back to Top
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, January 28, 2021 - Volume 792The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Top Tech Tidbits. The World's #1 Adaptive Technology Publication. Brought to you by:
This issue made possible by sponsorship support from: Dean Martineau @ TopTechTidbits.com, Donna Jodhan @ DonnaJodhan.com, John Panarese @ MacForTheBlind.com, A.T. Guys @ ATGuys.com, Barry Scheur @ GuideLightsAndGadgets.us, American Printing House @ APH.org, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store @ Adaptations.org, Sprint IP Relay @ SprintIP.com, Be My Eyes @ BeMyEyes.com, Vorail @ Vorail.com, Dolphin Computer Access @ YourDolphin.com, and HumanWare @ HumanWare.com.
Dear Tidbits Subscriber,
1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last WeekA.) How to Scan QR Codes on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch: (11.8% of all clicks.)
B.) Blind Compass: (7.4% of all clicks.)
C.) How to Search in Windows 10: (7.2% of all clicks.)
E.) An up-to-date and in-depth Discord guide for Screenreaders: Windows and iOS: (5.7% of all clicks.)
D.) Google's TalkBack Screen Reader is Getting New Features Available First on Galaxy Phones: (5.6% of all clicks.)
2) HumanWare Joins Top Tech Tidbits as 12th and Final SponsorWe would like to open this week by welcoming aboard our 12th and final Sponsor in the form of HumanWare. From all of us here at Top Tech Tidbits, readers included, we sincerely thank you for your ongoing support. For anyone not familiar with them HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader🗘, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier. Learn more here:
3) We Would Still Like To Become A Tidbits Sponsor. What Can We Do Now?If you would still like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉. Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then be given 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
4) YouTube Channel for VoiceOver TrainingThis YouTube Playlist is intended to fill the gap for those who may have received incomplete and/or fragmentary training on the gestures. These lessons fill in the gaps:
5) Holman Prize Submission: Help Pool Knowledge About Accessible AppliancesIf Lucie Greko wins the prize, she and others will create a YouTube Channel where people can learn about the accessibility (or lack of it) for large and small appliances that we need to buy:
6) GuideConnect 1.15 UpdateUsers of Dolphin Guide Connect can now easily make video calls. This update brings other enhancements and fixes as well:
7) Pazera Free Audio Extractor. Free Audio ConverterThis free program just got an upgrade, and might be worth a look:
8) Getting Started With Visual Studio Code Using Screen ReadersThis is the first of a proposed series of YouTube videos on accessibility topics:
9) Good Maps Demo VideoWatch this YouTube video on how to use GoodMaps Explorer and O&M Skills to get to a restaurant:
10) Audio Descriptions and Accessible Technology Usage SurveyThe University of Washington is gathering information for a proposed audio description tool:
11) New Braille Devices from HumanWareHumanWare has launched 2 new Braille Displays, the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X. More information can be found at this link:
12) 2021 State of Accessibility Survey from Level Access | Open Until January 31st 2021Level Access, the global leader in digital accessibility, in collaboration with G3ict and IAAP, have launched the State of Digital Accessibility survey. This is the third year for the survey, which asks professionals in various roles to describe their organization's commitment to creating inclusive technology, including websites, mobile apps, software, and hardware. As a thanks to the community for taking the time to answer the survey, Level Access is donating $5,000 to a disability-focused non-profit that you choose. The final question of the survey allows you to vote on the non-profit you'd like to receive their donation:
13) Do Accessible Websites Still Need to Support Internet Explorer 11?As a developer who cares about accessibility, should you or shouldn't you be supporting Internet Explorer 11 (IE11)?
14) Secret Hotkey Opens Windows 10's New Emoji Picker in Any AppWindows 10 has a hidden emoji picker you can use to type emoji in any application, even desktop programs like Google Chrome, and it's accessible by pressing this short keyboard shortcut combination:
1) Podcast | Eyes on Success 2105 | Eric Damery and the Changing Field of Assistive TechnologyJanuary 27th 2021. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey continue their conversation from last week with Eric Damery, VP of Software Product Management at Freedom Scientific, a Vispero company. This week they discuss how the marketing and distribution of assistive technologies for people with vision loss have evolved over his long career in the field:
2) Podcast | Blind Tech Guys #70Hear about SuperSense and Super Lidar, and a review of the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro bluetooth in-ear buds:
➜ Webinars and Training Courses
1) Webinars from the Tech Juggernaut | MacCafe Sessions by Trainer KliphThese sessions will be held every 1st and 3rd Monday. | 8:30AM PT, 9:30AM MT, 10:30AM CT, 11:30AM ET, 4:30PM GMT | Cord Cutting, Apple Watch and Watch OS, HomePod, Apple Wallet, Apple Pay, Online Security, Financial Health, and iPad For All Computing. Free Courses. To register, put in the subject line of an email TTJ Course Registration and in the body which course you are interested in and send to email@example.com ✉. Learn more at:
2) Webinar Recording | ATI ZuperSense Zoom ConferenceJanuary 21st 2021:
3) Webinar Recording | Apple Presentation, Dispelling the MythsJanuary 22nd 2020. Apple Presentation Dispelling the Myths: Screen Curtain save battery power? Is it ok to leave my phone plugged in over night? How important is the lighting when I use Face ID? And do I really need to force quit my apps all the time? As more and more rumors and myths flood the Apple user community, TTJ is here to set the record straight on some of the most popular and most controversial tech inaccuracies. Listen to this presentation, and we think you'll come away with a much more relaxed approach to using your devices - one that all but guarantees a pleasant experience.
4) Webinar from the Network of Assistive Technologists | How Can You Prove That AT Works?January 29th 2021 | 10:30 AM PT, 11:30 AM MT, 12:30 PM CT, 1:30 PM ET, 6:30 PM GMT | Via: Zoom | Duration: 90 Minutes | The Network of Assistive Technologists welcomes Linda Petty, MSC. OT, OT REG. (ONT.) with an introduction into the rarely addressed topic of Assistive Technology Outcome Measures. Register at:
5) Webinar | SuperSense on Tek TalkFebruary 2nd 2021 | 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 1AM GMT | The first Tek of February also features the SuperSense app:
6) Webinar from the Technology User Group (TUG) of the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled | New & Exciting AppsFebruary 6th 2021 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 3PM GMT | Technology User Group will demonstrate new and useful apps for your smart device. Learn which apps are going to make a difference in your everyday life and which ones to avoid. They will also demonstrate how to make it easier to fill in repetitious information with just a couple keystrokes using your virtual keyboard. The presentation will be virtual and may be joined by calling (319) 527-4994 ☎. Duration is approximately 90 minutes. You do not have to RSVP for this event:
7) Webinar from the Braillists Foundation | Using Braille as a Presentation ToolFebruary 9th 2021 | 11:30 AM PT, 12:30 PM MT, 1:30 PM CT, 2:30 PM ET, 7:30 PM GMT | This session will cover using a braille display with Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides. We'll guide you through how braille output works with these applications and the ways in which braille output can enable you to deliver more effective presentations. Register here:
8) Webinar from Vispero | Assistive Technology and Accessibility ShowcaseFebruary 9th and 10th 2021 | 8AM PT, 9AM MT, 10AM CT, 11AM ET, 4PM GMT | Join representatives from Vispero's hardware, software, and consulting teams for a free two-day webinar. They'll cover the latest and greatest from each brand: Freedom Scientific, Enhanced Vision, Optelec, and The Paciello Group:
9) 2021 Online AT Fundamentals CourseFebruary 22nd 2021 - March 17th 2021 | 4PM PT, 5PM MT, 6PM CT, 7PM ET, 12AM GMT | The AT Fundamentals Course helps candidates review and refresh their assistive technology knowledge and may help identify areas they need to study for the ATP exam, but this is not an ATP exam prep course. This course will be an online instructor-led course designed as a convenient, cost-efficient and effective way for busy AT professionals to participate. | Online Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:00 PM ET - 9:00 PM ET | Registration Fees: $650 RESNA members, $800 nonmembers, $550 RESNA members, without book, $700 nonmembers, without book. Register here:
10) Training Course from Hartgen Consultancy | Winning Teams! Using Microsoft Teams with JAWS for WindowsMarch 17th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 7PM GMT | Cost: £150.00 / $205.00 USD | Four training sessions starting on Wednesday, March 17th 2021 and then weekly each Wednesday thereafter. If you cannot make a live session, you will have access to the recording of it shortly after. Requirements, registration and what you will receive available here:
➜ Job Announcements
1) White House Website Makeover Boosts Accessibility And Adds A Secret Message. US Digital Services Could Be Looking For ApplicantsThe official White House website is getting a makeover, including a sleek dark mode, following the recent inauguration, but unless you're a coder, you may have missed an Easter egg nestled in the site's HTML code. This code is still there as of this writing. Simply view the source code for the page at https://www.whitehouse.gov/ and search for the HTML comment that reads, "If you're reading this, we need your help building back better. https://usds.gov/." The link included in the comment is a link to the US Digital Services' website, an organization meant to help the administration advance technologically. Check out the link or the code itself for more info.
2) Job Announcement | Deputy Commissioner of Compliance for the City of ChicagoAnnual Salary: $115,656.00. Learn more here:
3) Digital Accessibility Jobs List by WebAxe for January 2021Many great opportunities in the field of digital accessibility. 13 positions listed. Some remote, some specific to geographic location. Learn more here:
➜ Press Releases
1) Fable Partners with Benetech To Bring Accessible Ebooks To International Community of People with DisabilitiesLast week Fable announced a partnership with Benetech's Bookshare initiative to provide Fable's community of people with disabilities access to the world's largest library of accessible ebooks. Through the partnership, Fable's community will have unlimited access to a diverse library of 400,000 ebooks to support both personal and professional development:
2) What's New From Hartgen Consultancy 2021Learn of many worthwhile developments in 2021:
3) How Samsung is Shaping Technology Accessibility For AllSamsung continuously collaborates with AFB Consulting to develop accessibility advancements for a quality user experience for people with disabilities. These advancements are accomplished not only through the use of expert accessibility engineers, but also focus groups consisting of users who are blind or visually impaired to provide authentic usability insights:
➜ Buy, Sell or Trade
1) FOR SALE: Humanware Braillenote Touch 32 Notetaker and DisplayListing Date: 1/26/2021 | Price: $1,885.00 USD | Condition: New | Description: This is a new in retail box with accessories Humanware Braillenote Touch 32 Notetaker and Braille Display for iPhone/Android/Computer/Mac. It is not used. Comes with everything. Only asking $1885 o.b.o. | Contact Chris at: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉ or (408) 659-1374 ☎ |
2) FOR SALE: Focus 14 Blue 5th GenListing Date: 1/7/2021 | Price: $980.00 USD | Condition: Gently Used | Description: This is for a Focus 14 Blue 5th Gen Braille display only about 6 months old. All accessories are included Case and USB C cable included. Still under 2-year warrantee. Will ship free in the US. No signs of use. Appears to be new. | Contact: email@example.com ✉ |
3) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.)Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 |
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:Featured Products: Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today!
Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020
Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐
Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎
Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎
About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:Get Coding with Code JumperTM - a fully accessible and inclusive computer coding innovation, originally designed by Microsoft® and developed by APH (for Windows, Chromebook, and Android devices)! With Code Jumper, students across the vision spectrum can learn the basics of computer programming and computational thinking by tactually creating computer code that can tell stories and make music. Learn more at:
Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020
Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐
Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎
Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎
Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥
Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱
About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:GuideLights And Gadgets: New Year, Products, Pricing. Mystery Gadget or Doggy Bags; Through Jan. 31, we will double the value of your choice of $25 or $50 gadgets-leather or "all-things-dog" grab bags. Our new shoulder lambskin patchwork tablet and Braille display case will hold just about anything you need for a day $50; form fitting BN Touch Plus leather case $60; new $10 Stream pouch or new Orbit Writer and Phone "On the Go" pouch; write as you walk $35.00; ask about other bag deals. New! Evo 10 Daisy Player with Internet and FM Radio, Podcatcher, lots more; Ivona Joey and Sally; Mystic Access tutorial, leather case, $225. Call Barry: (617) 969-7500 ☎; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020
Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐
About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well.
What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, afforable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice!
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Plugable USBC 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020
Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐
Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎
Email: email@example.com ✉
Skype: atguys ✆
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍
Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍
About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:A great way to kick off 2021! World renowned Apple trainer John Panarese offers you a way to get involved in the Apple world! Take advantage of his tutorials and courses! John will use your funds to help persons with disabilities to learn more! To purchase your special gift certificate visit:
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.macfortheblind.com/ 🌐
Donate Course Time: https://donorbox.org/macfortheblind ❤
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
About: Macfortheblind.com is a place specifically for blind people who are either users or potential users of Macintosh computers or iOS devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, Apple Watch and Apple TV. I am a blind individual who has used the Mac ever since VoiceOver became available in OS 10.4 Tiger, and I own an iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Book Pro laptop computer, an iPhone 6S, an iPad Air, an Apple Watch and an Apple TV 4th Generation. In addition, I am an Authorized Apple Business Affiliate, and as an Apple Certified Support Professional and an Apple Certified Trainer, I offer training and technical support for individuals, agencies and organizations on the mac and all iDevices, as well as offering assistive technology consulting.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:High profile educator, podcast commentator, and audio mysteries writer and producer! Donna Jodhan uses her expertise worldwide to ensure that persons with disabilities are not left out or left behind! Visit Donna at https://donorbox.org/author-donna-jodhan. Your donations will help to improve the lives of families with parents and kids with disabilities!
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.donnajodhan.com/ 🌐
Donate: https://donorbox.org/author-donna-jodhan ❤
About: My name is Donna J. Jodhan and I have been blind all my life, but that has not prevented me from living independently as someone who takes care of my own home and garden, travels regularly for my job, and runs my own business. I am an entrepreneur, blogger, author, audio mystery writer, advocate, podcaster, and law student. I enjoy cooking, ice skating, playing chess, composing on my electronic keyboard, and communicating with nature.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:Would you like to learn to control your computer with your voice, or to create documents using your voice rather than the keyboard? There are several tools to accomplish these objectives. I can provide training in their use. Write to me at email@example.com if interested.
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/ 🌐
About: Dean Martineau is the Founder and a Contributing Editor to the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:Accessible Pharmacy, the new, home delivery pharmacy with a blind founder, is bringing its full range of support and services to Be My Eyes. Users of the Be My Eyes app can now call Accessible Pharmacy directly to get support with medication, medical devices, and even home delivery COVID testing. With a fully trained and discreet pharmacy staff on call from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific, Accessible Pharmacy is the new way for blind and low vision consumers to get an easy, frictionless pharmacy experience. Call today — and you'll never have to take an Uber to the drugstore again. https://www.bemyeyes.com/blog/accessible-pharmacy-joins-be-my-eyes.
Lead Contact: Will Butler, VP of Community
Sponsor Since: November 5th 2020
Website: https://www.bemyeyes.com/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
About: Be My Eyes is a free mobile app that allows anyone who needs video support to get assistance from a dynamic range of volunteers and company customer support professionals from around the world. With more than 4 million volunteers and dozens of companies offering on-demand visual interpretation and support, Be My Eyes is a free, unlimited way to bridge gaps and get access to whatever information you need — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in any language. Download the app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:The true beauty of a person lies within and if you hear our voices, you'll quickly understand.
24 hour peer to peer tech support in voice, and much more. Get answers to just about anything you need to know, whether it is blindness related or not, and make incredible friends. Follow who you like, mute those you don't. We're not alone in this blindness thing. Ask-alls range from "How to do X from an accessibility standpoint?" to "What do you keep in your bed other than yourself?" to "What word would you use to describe 2020? to "What word to describe your hopes for 2021?". Vorail is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Sponsor Since: January 21st 2021
Website: https://www.vorail.com/toptechtidbits/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
Mission: Vorail is the only platform in the world for the low vision and blind community where everybody can join conversations by voice on equal footing. Every day members of the Vorail community create ask-alls (questions) about life (news, health, technology, religion, sports and more) that allow us to see the world differently, and connect in a way that is deeper than 'liking' a photo. Vorail is an audio-only experience, voice is the window into a human soul. It does not matter if you are tall, short, wide, thin, white, or black when nobody sees your picture. Without the visuals, what counts is who you are, the person inside. That is the mission of Vorail, to create an extended family where we are judged for who we are, not what we look like.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:Accessible Video Calling Now Available in Dolphin's GuideConnect!
GuideConnect is a Windows program for people with visual impairments who have found screen-readers too complex. It enables users to do common computing tasks-send email, surf the web, download and read books and newspapers from BARD and Newsline, listen to radio and podcasts, and so much more! Now, GuideConnect users can make video calls between users AND to family and friends who don't use GuideConnect! Read the full blog and download GuideConnect FREE for 30 days! Learn more about GuideConnect:
Sponsor Since: January 28th 2021
Website: https://yourdolphin.com/ 🌐
Phone (USA & Canada): +1 (866) 797-5921 ☎
Phone (UK, Europe & Asia): +44 01905 754577 ☎
Phone (Nordic & Baltic Contries): +46 0515 82175 ☎
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of GuideConnect
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of SuperNova
About: Dolphin Computer Access offers a wide array of solutions for students, people in the workforce, and at home who are blind, visually impaired or have dyslexia. Each product is purposefully designed to help users, with varying levels of technology experience, do everyday things EASILY on computers and tablets. Founded in 1986 and located in Worcester England, Dolphin has grown to become a global market leader worldwide.
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021
Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐
Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqIKxAz39o 🎥
About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:One challenge someone with a combined vision and hearing loss must address is accessing the phone system without adequate vision or hearing. Individuals with no hearing but vision can access the phone system using a videophone. Those with no vision, but who have hearing can use the phone as it was intended. How would someone with vision and hearing loss continue to call doctors, contact emergency services such as 911, arrange for medical appointments, contact businesses, or friends and family who do not text? One solution, for those living in the U.S. with a form of hearing loss, is Sprint IP Relay. Come learn more at our webinars, specialized for the DeafBlind community. 11/10 at 10 AM EST, 11/12 at 4:30 PM EST, 11/17 at 1:00 PM EST, or 11/19 at 1:00 PM EST. RSVP by November 6th 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. CART and ASL interpretation will be provided.
Sponsor Since: October 22nd 2020
Website: https://www.sprintip.com/ 🌐
Email: email@example.com ✉
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
Accessibility Customer Care: (800) 676-3777 ☎
About: Sprint IP Relay allows people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind or with a Speech Disability to make or receive phone calls using an internet connection, a computer, tablet or smartphone. Simply type what you want to say to the operator, the operator relays the message to the person you called and then types the caller's response back to you. This process is all done through text, so a user with a braille display, for example, would not need to see the screen or use their voice to communicate with the hearing caller. The Sprint IP Relay service is available at no charge for those who are eligible. Registration is required to verify an individual's identity and residency. If you are a person who is deaf, hard of hearing, DeafBlind or have a speech disability, you will qualify to register for the Sprint IP Relay Service. The user can call anyone at any time within the United States and its territories. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading, not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 6,500 Adaptive Technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week.
Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 12 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication.
There are currently 0 of these 12 packages available.
If you are interested in becoming a Top Tech Tidbits sponsor we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: email@example.com ✉.
Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then be given 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology, and enjoy these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html
Top Tech Tidbits Supporters:
We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support!
Tidbits Supporters (https://www.toptechtidbits.com/supporter-information.html) donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication.
If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible:
1.) Gary Lee, Platinum Supporter since June 25, 2020.
2.) Anonymous Donation, Platinum Supporter since July 9, 2020.
1.) Howard Goldstein, Gold Supporter since June 4, 2020.
2.) David Goldstein, Gold Supporter since June 12, 2020.
3.) Katherine Crohan, Gold Supporter since January 14, 2021.
1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today at:
1.) Steven Wettlaufer, Bronze Supporter since July 16, 2020.
2.) Shaun Everiss, Bronze Supporter since September 10, 2020.
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
RELEASE SCHEDULE:The Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter is sent out every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM EST.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
SPONSOR:If you would like to become 1 of only 12 Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
DONATE:If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
POLLS:Answering Questions: Are you an experienced or proficient user of AT (Assistive Technology)? Do you represent a company or organization that serves and / or operates within the AT (Assistive Technology) space? If you are, or if you do, we would love to hear your opinions on any of our many AT-related Polls. Weigh in and view the results for any Top Tech Tidbits Poll on the Top Tech Tidbits website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/polls.html:
Asking Questions: Do you have an intriguing AT-related question that you'd like to see posed to the Tidbits community? While we cannot guarantee that all submissions will be utilized, we promise to choose the very best of them to be included in future issues. Available Poll Types are: Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, Drop-Down List, Scale of 1 to 5, and Ranking in Order of Preference. You may send your AT-related questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter.
LINKEDIN:Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be directed to our Editors at: email@example.com.
Information provided by: