Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, June 3, 2021 - Volume 809The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Your One-Stop Hub for Resources About Thriving with Blindness or Low Vision
APH ConnectCenter's suite of websites: VisionAware, APH CareerConnect, and FamilyConnect are chock-full of information about thriving with blindness and low vision at all ages and stages of life. If you're new to life with vision loss - check out the Reader's Digest Getting Started Guide available on the VisionAware website. If you have blindness related questions call our I&;amp;R Line at +1 (800) 232-5463 ☎. If you're looking for inspiring success stories from people thriving with blindness, informational webinars, blogs, resources for living with vision loss, and our blindness community calendar check out VisionAware, APHCareerConnect, and FamilyConnect at https://aphconnectcenter.org/.
Dear Tidbits Subscriber,
1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last WeekA.) 6 Command Prompt Commands You Should Know: (6.6% of all clicks.)
B.) Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts: (5.9% of all clicks.)
C.) What is everybody's favorite accessible game on iOS?: (5.0% of all clicks.)
D.) Free JAWS Training Bundle: (4.5% of all clicks.)
E.) NVDA Remote for iOS Being Developed: (4.4% of all clicks.)
2) Top Tech Tidbits Welcomes Pneuma SolutionsPlease join us in offering a warm Tidbits welcome to Pneuma Solutions. They join us this week as one of twelve Top Tech Tidbits Sponsors for which we are sincerely grateful. Without the support of our sponsors, Tidbits would not be possible. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell and is the global leader in accessible cloud-based solutions. Learn more today at:
3) Alexa Makes It Possible For Those With Hearing LossHere are some accessibility features that individuals with a hearing loss can benefit from:
4) The Best Speech to Text Software for Windows 10There are multiple options for speech-to-text software on Windows 10, but it can be hard to narrow down the best picks. Here they examine both the free and paid options to help you choose the right software for you:
5) RIP IE: Microsoft to End Internet Explorer Support Next YearMicrosoft has announced the end of the 25-year old era of Internet Explorer, a former king of browsers. Microsoft has already killed Edge Legacy earlier this year and now plans to retire Internet Explorer, which is still present in every Windows installation:
6) Mantis and Chameleon Software Improvements New Features as of May 2021The Mantis Q40 and Chameleon 20 — two top-of-the-line "hybrid" braille displays from APH - are getting some new upgrades that will make your device better whether you're an adult professional, a student, or a teacher supporting students with braille displays:
7) AppleVis Unlimited: What's New and Noteworthy for May 2021Always a convenient way to make sure you haven't missed anything important in the accessible Apple world:
8) David Woodbridge's Podcasts and DemosHere's where you can find all of David Woodbridge's useful tech recordings:
And here are all of his Vision Australia Talking Tech Shows:
9) Math Accessibility TreesThis post on the Math in Office Blog discusses aspects of making mathematical equations accessible to blind people:
10) Writing with a Screen ReaderHere is one person's experience and impressions:
11) TMAP on ClubhouseJoin a conversation on Tactile Maps Automated Production on Clubhouse on Thursday, June 3rd 2021 at 4PM PT, 5PM MT, 6PM CT, 7PM ET, 11PM GMT:
12) Join Blind Tech Guys on ClubhouseThere's a weekly episode and occasional bonus episodes:
13) Free Help Sessions from The Tech JuggernautIn the Summer you can get Apple-related assistance on Tuesdays at 3PM PT, 4PM MT, 5PM CT, 6PM ET, 10PM GMT:
14) Review in Spanish of NVDA Training MaterialsThis review covers the Excel and PowerPoint courses available for purchase:
15) ClipTools, NVDA Add-on for Managing the ClipboardView and edit clipboard content:
16) How to Listen to Radio Stations Online for FreeIn this era of Spotify and Apple Music it can be easy to forget that radio exists, especially when you're used to picking your music at-will. The fact is, radio is a great way to not only discover new artists and songs, but also to learn more about places all over the world:
➜ Press Releases and Other News
1) Candy-Like Models Used to Make STEM Accessible to Visually Impaired StudentsA breakthrough study aims to make science more accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired through small, candy-like models:
2) Will Blind People Be Able to See Again in the Future Thanks to a Brain Implant?https://innovationorigins.com/en/brain-implant-enables-blind-people-to-see-again-in-the-future/
3) 'Can I Play That?' Co-Founder Courtney Craven on the Spectrum of Disability and Challenge of AccessibilityTwitch streamer Cerebral Paul joins the conversation to share how he 'games differently,' and encourages a healthy playing environment with those on the other side of the controller:
4) A Blind Man's Lessons Learned in the Quest for Making Changehttps://www.therecord.com/opinion/2021/05/29/a-blind-mans-lessons-learned-in-the-quest-for-making-change.html
5) accessiBe, The Web Accessibility Market Leader, Announces New Search Engine accessFind to Help People with Disabilities Find Accessible WebsitesDeveloped in partnership with disability-focused nonprofit organizations, accessFind is an inclusive, first-of-its-kind search engine specifically designed to enhance internet accessibility for people with disabilities:
➜ Featured Podcast Episodes
1) Blind Tech Guys 86 | ClubHouse And ClubDeck Are They Really What They Proclaim To BeMay 26th 2021 | On this episode, Marco spoke with accessibility specialist and all-round great guy Neil McCullough, who walked our listeners through how to use ClubHouse, and the developers of ClubDeck, Pierre Stanislas and Philippe Breuils:
2) Blind Android Users 25 | Milestone Celebration with ListenersMay 29th 2021 | In this episode, we have lots of fun with our listeners. We tell you how we got started with the podcast and discuss a lot of things like Android vs iOS, Talkback vs CSR and much more. Listen in and join the fun. We thank our listeners for being with us in these 25 episodes and hope you encourage us in the future. You can listen to this podcast and all our content by visiting:
3) Outdoors with Lawrence Gunther 26 | World Ocean DayMay 29th 2021 | This episode is all about listening to underwater sounds. We challenge listeners with a series of underwater marine recordings, and Lawrence speaks with the host of the new Sound aquatic Podcast. There are Tips for using sound to find things underwater, and reflections on what we can learn from aquatic animals that use hearing to thrive in low and no light situations:
4) That Real Blind Tech Show 35 | A Stir of Siri EchoesMay 31st 2021
Brian and Ed are joined in the That Real Blind Tech Show virtual studio by Jeanine Stanley, pinch hitting for Allison:
5) Eyes on Success 2123 | The Great OutdoorsJune 2nd 2021
Lawrence Gunther is host of the podcast "Outdoors with Lawrence Gunther". The podcast is a mix of interesting facts about our environment and outdoor activities and includes interviews with blind people who enjoy the outdoors. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Lawrence, who is blind himself, about the podcast as well as about his own adventures in nature:
6) Mosen At Large 127June 2nd 2021 Janet Ingber discusses her updated Mac Basics book and why you might want a Mac in your life:
➜ Featured Webinars and Training Courses
1) 2021 Braille Literacy Canada SymposiumJune 4th 2021 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | Braille Literacy Canada (BLC) will be holding a virtual braille symposium. This event will be of interest to braille readers, educators, transcribers, parents and anyone else who is passionate about the empowerment that braille literacy brings. Learn more at:
2) Zoom Webinar | Florida Vision Technology | Florida Assistive Technology PresentationJune 7th 2021 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Join Florida Vision Technology for a virtual presentation of the latest and greatest in Assistive Technology including the brand new Envision Glasses and other wearables Check out our most updated catalog of products: https://floridareading.com/downloads. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Register in advance for this webinar:
3) Multiply Your Math Success Exponentially With The MATT ConnectJune 10th 2021 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | This webinar organized by the American Printing House. With MATT Connect, it all adds up! Learn how to use the device to study math from addition and subtraction through higher-level problem-solving. In this webinar, you will also learn how to set up exam mode, which allows a teacher to customize permissions and features offered on the MATT Connect in testing situations. Register here:
4) Get Organized and Read Books - Exploring File Management and the Victor Reader App on the Brailliant BI X SeriesJune 15th 2021 | 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 12AM GMT on 6/16 | Join Andrew Flatres and Peter Tucic for another installment of the HumanWare webinar series, where they will explore different aspects of file and folder management (like copying, cutting, and renaming or moving content to/from SD cards and USB sticks) in the KeyFiles application of BI 20 and 40 X. Attendees will also get an in-depth look at the Victor Reader application, designed to play digital books in many supported formats. Register in advance for this webinar at:
5) Get Organized and Read Books - Exploring File Management and the Victor Reader App on the Brailliant BI X SeriesJune 15th 2021 | 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 12AM GMT on 6/16 | Join Andrew Flatres and Peter Tucic for another installment of the HumanWare webinar series, where they will explore different aspects of file and folder management (like copying, cutting, and renaming or moving content to/from SD cards and USB sticks) in the KeyFiles application of BI 20 and 40 X. Attendees will also get an in-depth look at the Victor Reader application, designed to play digital books in many supported formats. Register here:
6) 1st World Blindness Summit 2021June 25th 2021 through June 30th 2021 | You are hereby invited to the first World Blindness Summit, an online and fully accessible event from June 25th to 30th 2021, open to everyone. What is the World Blindness Summit 21? This is a cutting-edge and innovative event that embraces the benefits of technologies, creating the first global and accessible online conference. Why is it unique? Over 1,000 blind and partially sighted people from nearly 190 countries over the world will participate to share their experiences and practices developed over the past five years, and especially those implemented to cope with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in all spheres of life. Who can participate? Everyone is welcome to attend, to participate, to listen, to talk, and to share this unique experience. All events of the World Blindness Summit are available in English, French and Spanish. Why is it interesting to participate? The achievements and challenges experienced will be analyzed, priorities will be set in this new era beginning by working hard to prevent blind and partially sighted people from being left behind in the digital revolution that has made such great progress in the past months. On the other hand, new strategies will be worked on to give visibility to our reality and above all, to promote everything that contributes to the substantiation of a central goal: to create a new vision of blindness, to enable everyone to fully participate in all aspect of our society. You can check the program here: https://www.worldblindnesssummit.com/en/schedule/program. It is all free and you have to register here by 5th June:
7) Reaping the Benefits! Using Reaper Audio Workstation, OSARA and JAWS for WindowsJune 30th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT, 7PM UK | This £80 / $112 USD course is suited to anyone who has an interest in creating or working with audio content. You should be familiar with how JAWS functions together with Windows concepts, such as how to navigate around applications. The course is fast-paced. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions regarding the topics under discussion, however this is achieved in a structured manner. This ensures that you can focus on learning the concepts being taught. All of your remaing questions answered here:
8) National Federation of the Blind 2021 National ConventionJuly 6th 2021 through July 10th 2021 | Register for free to attend the largest gathering of blind people and take advantage of the opportunity to network with thousands of blind role models, connect with leaders in the field of blindness, attend presentations on a variety of empowering topics, and learn about the latest in technology and innovation. Learn more and register here:
9) Amazon Prime - More Than Just a Delivery Service | Technology User Group (TUG)June 12th 2021 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Many components are included in Amazon Prime, such as Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Books, Prime Games and many more. Many of these skills can work with Alexa. There are many tips, tricks and secrets to learn to take full advantage of these services. The presentation will be virtual and may be joined by calling the number below. You do not have to RSVP for this event. The presentation will last about 90 minutes:
+1 (319) 527-4994 ☎
1) WebAIM Screen Reader User Survey #9Close Date: June 15th 2021 | The following survey is a follow-up to previous WebAIM Screen Reader User Surveys. This survey is primarily intended to collect new information and track updates/trends from previous surveys. By completing this survey you will help inform development choices for those creating accessible web content and web standards. All screen reader users, even those who use screen readers only for evaluation and testing, are invited to participate:
2) NVDA Satisfaction Survey 2021Close Date: June 25th 2021 | NV Access are pleased to invite you to participate in the NVDA Satisfaction Survey 2021. As in previous years, this is a simple, three-question survey, open to NVDA users and testers around the world:
3) PolyPad Braille Display Needs AssessmentClose Date: July 1st 2021 | Participants must be 18 years or older to participate and able to read braille. We hope that our research will lead to a high quality multi-lined braille display that can be used with a smartphone. Researchers will investigate the quality and usefulness of the product and use the information to improve the development of the device:
4) Paid Opportunity to Participate in a Research Study: Studying Tools to Manage and Share PicturesClose Date: July 16th 2021 | We are a group of researchers at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We are conducting research to help blind people and people with visual impairments (BVI people) share pictures to social media free of private and sensitive information. We have designed a mobile App to let BVI users screen private and sensitive information of their about-to-share pictures using artificial intelligence (AI) and human effort. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this research study. Those who complete the study will receive a $20 compensation and $10 for exit interview. Learn more here:
1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html
2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html
➜ Buy, Sell or Trade
1) FOR SALE: One Braillenote Touch Plus in Excellent ConditionListing Date: 5/20/2021 | Price: $2,000.00 USD | Condition: Gently Used. | Description: One Braillenote Touch Plus in Excellent Condition. | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉ or (817) 293-2156 ☎ |
2) FOR SALE: One HIMS QBraille XL 40-Cell Smart DisplayListing Date: 5/20/2021 | Price: $1,600.00 USD | Condition: Gently Used. | Description: Two years old. Onboard applications such as Notepad, DAISY reader, alarm clock, calculator, calendar. Full function keys and modifier keys. Will support up to six bluetooth connections and one USB connection simultaneously. Carrying case included. | Contact: email@example.com ✉ or (941) 218-9090 ☎ |
3) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.)Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 |
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
VisionAware Resources: The Benefits of Working: Navigating SSI/SSDI While Seeking Employment
Join Karen Shrawder for an interactive presentation on June 14th 2021 at 4:00 PM Eastern about the benefits of becoming employed for recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or beneficiaries of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) including: an overview of work incentives and helpful hints for overcoming challenges such as overpayments at:
Sponsor Since: March 4th 2021
Website: https://aphconnectcenter.org/ 🌐
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
APH ConnectCenter Information and Referral Line:
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
About: The APH ConnectCenter offers curated advice and resources to assist children, parents, adults, and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired, and their associated professionals, leading to greater independence and success in their lives.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
BRAILLIANT Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here!
The wait is over! A redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from many participating online libraries and share information easily with your peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this is the Brailliant idea you need!
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021
Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐
Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥
About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Everyone Can Have an Amazing Customer Experience with SuperNova Kiosks!
Dolphin creates customized kiosk solutions for every type of service kiosk and every level of vision loss--and that's a win for your service or brand! If you're a business owner or someone who's struggling to access a service via a kiosk, spread the word! Check out this introductory audio/video demonstration highlighting the benefits of Dolphin SuperNova Kiosks!
Sponsor Since: January 28th 2021
Website: https://yourdolphin.com/ 🌐
Phone (USA & Canada): +1 (866) 797-5921 ☎
Phone (UK, Europe & Asia): +44 01905 754577 ☎
Phone (Nordic & Baltic Contries): +46 0515 82175 ☎
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of GuideConnect
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of SuperNova
About: Dolphin Computer Access offers a wide array of solutions for students, people in the workforce, and at home who are blind, visually impaired or have dyslexia. Each product is purposefully designed to help users, with varying levels of technology experience, do everyday things EASILY on computers and tablets. Founded in 1986 and located in Worcester England, Dolphin has grown to become a global market leader worldwide.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Accessible Pharmacy Joins Be My Eyes
Accessible Pharmacy, the new, home delivery pharmacy with a blind founder, is bringing its full range of support and services to Be My Eyes. Users of the Be My Eyes app can now call Accessible Pharmacy directly to get support with medication, medical devices, and even home delivery COVID testing. With a fully trained and discreet pharmacy staff on call from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific, Accessible Pharmacy is the new way for blind and low vision consumers to get an easy, frictionless pharmacy experience. Call today — and you'll never have to take an Uber to the drugstore again.
Lead Contact: Will Butler, VP of Community
Sponsor Since: November 5th 2020
Website: https://www.bemyeyes.com/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
About: Be My Eyes is a free mobile app that allows anyone who needs video support to get assistance from a dynamic range of volunteers and company customer support professionals from around the world. With more than 4 million volunteers and dozens of companies offering on-demand visual interpretation and support, Be My Eyes is a free, unlimited way to bridge gaps and get access to whatever information you need — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in any language. Download the app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store Featured Products
Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today!
Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020
Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐
Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎
Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎
About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Build a foundational understanding of construction and electronics with BRIC: Structures® Access Kit from APH - an adapted version of an educational Elenco® product for students who are blind and visually impaired!
The BRIC: Structures® Access Kit combines ordinary building bricks with Snap Circuits® to create 26 projects, such as circuits and real-world structures, that run on electricity. Visit https://www.aph.org/product/bric-structures-access-kit/ to learn more.
Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020
Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐
Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎
Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎
Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥
Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱
About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
GuideLights and Gadgets Invites You to Listen, Learn and Buy from our Selection of Leather, Gadgets, and Dog Products
(1) Our new hands free 5 pocket rugged cowhide leather neck pouch will fit any phone. It can go on your belt or carry it crossbody; $40.00 (2) Our new unique leather case to protect your 20 cell Braille display. It feels like a thick book with a zipper down the middle. It's actually a concealed weapons case with carrying straps; no Braille display has ever had so much love. $60.00. (3) Starting next week, we will offer 1 weekly convention special on TTT = 8 successive weeks. Keep reading. Call Barry: (617) 969-7500 ☎ / email@example.com ✉ or Kae: (781) 286-1696 ☎ or visit:
Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020
Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐
About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well.
What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, afforable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice!
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub
If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020
Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐
Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
Skype: atguys ✆
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍
Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍
About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Would you like to learn to control your computer with your voice, or to create documents using your voice rather than the keyboard? There are several tools to accomplish these objectives. I can provide training in their use. Write to me if interested at:
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/ 🌐
About: Dean Martineau is the Founder and a Contributing Editor to the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Scribe For Meetings: Real Time Access To Accessible Content in Remote Presentations Is Here!
Attendees! Never wonder what's being shared on screen during online presentations again! Presenters! Upload slides within 5 minutes of the presentation, and provide content in multiple downloadable formats. There is absolutely no reason why your next online event has to leave anyone with a print disability in digital darkness. Schools, Government, businesses, and single presenters! Take advantige of our introductory rate for meetings and free webinar for life program:
Sponsor Since: June 3rd 2021
Website: https://pneumasolutions.com/ 🌐
Email Newsletter: Click here to receive periodic news via email concerning Pneuma Solutions products for business, consumers and education.
Sales: (866) 202-0520 ☎
Support: (650) 249-1000 ☎
About: Backed by two decades of creating award-winning accessible cloud technologies for people with visual impairments, Pneuma Solutions is the global leader in accessible cloud-based solutions. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell. For more information on their individual profiles, click on their respective bio pages. We're proud to be the first company to develop cloud-based accessibility at the network level. Our tools provide organizations, like yours, a way to deliver secure, accessible information right from your network or from our secure servers. You can provide your print disabled consumers, students, employees, and citizens with a multitude of accessible options. Additionally, we offer a suite of cloud-based applications to blind and print disabled consumers directly from our website. Our consumer products are designed to make the day-to-day lives of blind and print disabled individuals more accessible and simpler to manage. Access to information is not a privilege, it's a right. It's also your right to obtain affordable, accessible cloud solutions to serve your end user. When organizations like yours implement our tools, together we help make it a more inclusive world for people with disabilities. Want to know more about how we can help you become more inclusive?
Contact us here. We'll be happy to discuss how our tools can help with your accessibility needs.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Training to Fit Your Needs Do you have a device you just don't understand? Do you want to advance your skills on a certain platform? Let Commtech help you out! From phones to note takers to computers and everything in between, let Commtech give you the skills you need to succeed. For more information, call (833) 345-8324 ☎ EXT 700 or visit our website:
Sponsor Since: April 22nd 2021
Website: https://commtechusa.net/ 🌐
Phone: (833) 345-8324 ☎
About: Commtech USA, a division of Commtech LLC is a Phoenix based national assistive technology company, with locations in Bakersfield CA. We deliver unmatched information technology and assistive technology consultations, training and support. Founded in 2005 as a government vendor fulfilling a vast range of technology needs of federal and state government clients, Commtech USA has expanded to meet the needs of businesses as well as individuals, with office locations across the nation. No issue is too large or too small for our staff, Commtech USA is the on call technology staff you call when you have tried the rest but need the best!
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable Braille Displays
Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®, Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and AndroidTM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille. Learn more today:
Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021
Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/ 🌐
Email: email@example.com ✉
Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎
About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit individual needs.
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading, not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 6,500 Adaptive Technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week.
Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 12 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication.
There are 0 of 12 packages currently available.
If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor, but there are no sponsorship packages currently available, we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉.
Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then have 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
Top Tech Tidbits Supporters:
We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support!
Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication.
If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support.
In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible:
1.) Gary Lee
2.) Anonymous Donation
3.) Pshon Barrett
1.) Howard Goldstein
2.) David Goldstein
3.) Katherine Crohan
1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today.
1.) Steven Wettlaufer
2.) Shaun Everiss
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
ABOUT:Founded in 2004, Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 7,000 assistive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology. Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information technology access. Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin, Jenna Lang. Top Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication.
RELEASE SCHEDULE:Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is sent out every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM EST / EDT.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
SPONSOR:If you would like to become 1 of only 12 Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
SUPPORT:If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter.
LINKEDIN:Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin.
YOUTUBE:Are you on YouTube? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at: email@example.com.
|Home: Top Tech Tidbtits||News: Top Tech Tidbtits||Subscribe: Top Tech Tidbits||Donate: Top Tech Tidbtits||Search: Top Tech Tidbtits||Facebook: Top Tech Tidbits||Twitter: Top Tech Tidbits||LinkedIn: Top Tech Tidbits||YouTube: Top Tech Tidbits||RSS: Top Tech Tidbits||Back to Top|
Information provided by: