Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, July 15, 2021 - Volume 815
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Top Tech Tidbits. The World's #1 Adaptive Technology Publication. Made Possible by Support From The Following Sponsors:
This issue made possible by sponsorship support from: Dean Martineau @ TopTechTidbits.com, A.T. Guys @ ATGuys.com, Barry Scheur @ GuideLightsAndGadgets.us, American Printing House @ APH.org, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store @ Adaptations.org, Be My Eyes @ BeMyEyes.com, Dolphin Computer Access @ YourDolphin.com, HumanWare @ HumanWare.com, APH ConnectCenter @ APHConnectCenter.org, Freedom Scientific @ FreedomScientific.com, Commtech USA @ CommtechUSA.net and Pneuma Solutions @ PneumaSolutions.com.
Dear Tidbits Subscriber,
1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last WeekA.) Microsoft Explains The Accessibility Improvements Coming in Windows 11: (9.1% of all clicks.)
B.) iOS 15: Here Are All of the New Accessibility Features Coming to iPhone: (7.3% of all clicks.)
C.) A.T. Guys Releases New Versa Slate Paperless, Erasable Braille Slate and Stylus: (5.3% of all clicks.)
D.) New APH Partnership with HumanWare Leads to Creation of Dynamic Tactile Device: (4.3% of all clicks.)
E.) New Wearable With Haptic GPS for The Blind is Now Available: (3.9% of all clicks.)
2) Game On | 2 New Endorsements | Top Tech Tidbits BVI Technology Game DirectoryIf you are a blind or visually impaired gamer and you play a game that you would like to tell other blind or visually impaired gamers about, please submit your game to the Top Tech Tidbits BVI Technology Game Directory today. And remember, if you come across a game in the Directory that you agree is awesome, please be sure to endorse it by submitting it yourself so that it moves up the list where more people will notice it:
3) NV Access Announces The Release of NVDA 2021.1NV Access is pleased to announce the release of NVDA 2021.1. Full information and download links available at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1/. NVDA 2021.1 includes fixes for languages & for accessing links in Braille. Updates to Unicode CLDR, math & LibLouis, Office, VS & more! Please note add-ons will need to be updated. Please check add-on compatibility for this release at:
4) Free HTML and Markdown EditorInclusion Code is a Free And Educational HTML and Markdown editor:
5) Latest JAWS Tips and TricksHartgen Consultancy posts brief how-tos frequently. Among the latest: Using Find in Microsoft Word, Navigating the Outlook Calendar efficiently, and When You Might Want to Turn Off The Virtual Cursor:
6) Comprehensive Guide for New VoiceOver Users on the MacHere are a couple of free resources:
7) NVDA 2021.1 AvailableHere's one place to read about the list of new features:
8) Add-ons and Backwards Incompatible NVDA ReleasesNVDA add-ons have needed to be updated to work with this new version. Check this page to see which ones have been updated, and perhaps even enhance your ability to use NVDA by installing a new add-on or two:
9) Apple AirTag vs Samsung SmartTag Plus vs Tile ProThe Verge helps us decide which locator to buy:
10) Most Powerful OCR Currently Available for iPhone?These posts from AppleVis might help you decide which app to use:
11) Reading with Magnification or OCRThis is the Zoom recording of a webinar from Vision Australia:
12) Sending Audio Messages: Personalizing Your Messages Through Settings and VoiceThis is another of the iPhone 101 series from BlindAbilities:
13) Update From Adi Kushnir of The Elita Group: Information Regarding The Next Generation ElBrailleAdi reports, "I would like to thank everyone who sent feedback and answered my question regarding the next generation ElBraille. This really helped us define an important aspect of the product. We have started working on the next model, and for now, we can say the following: 1. The next generation ElBraille will be a 40 cell device. 2. This device will be a very high performance Windows device, truly equivalent to many high end ultra books, with very powerful specifications and configuration options. 3. This device will run the latest version of Microsoft Windows at the time of release, and will be future proof when it comes to updates. 4. This device will be based on a completely new platform, something that we have not used before, and no one else in this industry does. 5. This device will be a high quality product, taking seriously all the feedback and making sure that there will not be any issues that are present in the current units. 6. An upgrade path will be available for all customers, both for Focus 4th and 5th generation display models. 7. We are aware of the need for a smaller ElBraille, we are looking for the right platform and solutions to make something that will be pleasing. We will update everyone on the possibilities, although it will take a while. Additional information will be provided close to public availability. Thanks for all your feedback and support.
14) Accessible Antivirus for Windows and Android | YouTube Video From Nimer JaberRecorded July 8th 2021, Nimer Jaber offers a video on his views of a couple of accessible antivirus programs for Windows:
15) For NVDA Users: Code Factory Eloquence / Vocalizer Addon Now Compatible With NVDA 2021.1NVDA 2021.1 is available as a release candidate with the final build due for release very soon. This update requires that addons which worked with previous NVDA versions be updated in order to maintain compatibility with this new version of NVDA. Code Factory has now updated their addon which contains the Eloquence voices as well as the Vocalizer voices. You can download the new addon from:
16) Do Everything Faster With These Keyboard TricksWanna see me cut and paste a large block of text without formatting? Wanna see me do it again?
17) For Users of Leasey: New ACB Media Streams Now Incorporated into LeaseyIn time for the convention, all 10 of the ACB Radio Streams are now part of LeaseyRadio. You will find them in the Variety category. Just restart JAWS and within a few seconds they will be there for you. Courtesy of Brian Hartgen.
18) Supersense Presents Live! A Free Virtual Concert | July 15th 2021 | 4PM PT, 5PM MT, 6PM CT, 7PM ET, 11PM GMT |Courtesy of https://blindandroidusers.com/ we learn about this free virtual concert sponsored by Supersense:
➜ Press Releases and Other News
1) 17 Companies That Hire Remote Workers And Offer Paid Vacation PerksFlexJobs wants those looking for a new career to know that the no-vacation normal doesn't have to continue, at least for those working at one of the 17 companies it included in a list of businesses that hire remote and flexible positions and also help foot the bill for travel and time off:
2) How To Make Online Information About The Heat More Accessible For The Visually Impairedhttps://www.kivitv.com/news/how-to-make-online-information-about-the-heat-more-accessible-for-the-visually-impaired
3) Visually Impaired Student Becomes a Finalist for the 2021 Braille ChallengeAndy Shen of San Luis Obispo has worked for seven years to become a finalist in the national 2021 Braille Challenge. The Braille Challenge is the only academic competition of its kind in North America and Canada for students who are blind and visually-impaired. It motivates kids in grades 1 through 12 to hone their braille literacy skills:
4) Around Town Visits Hadleyhttps://wgntv.com/morning-news/around-town/around-town-visits-hadley-institute-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/
5) Inclusive Ale: New Cincinnati Beer Can Features Raised BrailleThe Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired and West Side Brewing have launched a limited-edition Braille Ale:
➜ Featured Podcast Episodes
1) Accessible Pharmacy - Hadley Presents: A Conversation With The ExpertsJuly 9th 2021
Learn about a new service that's just launched in 2020 called Accessible Pharmacy. Accessible packaging and labeling and personalized customer support all free of charge to the end consumer, and specifically designed for those with vision impairment:
2) Blind Android Users 31 | Print Baby Print, And A Chat With Shane from SupersenseJuly 10th 2021 | As we have a large listenership with OnePlus devices we give some news about OnePlus. We demo an app called Mopria Print which supports millions of different printers and will easily let you print over Wi-Fi using your phone. We have a chat with Shane Lowe from Mediate Labs, developers of Supersense. We talk about Supersense. We also talk about ReadBit which is their newest app and will come to android soon. We then demo an app called daily bable:
3) Mosen At Large 138July 10th 2021 Why we're going podcast-only, what will and won't Apple's Accessibility Team help you with, and blindness employment discussion:
4) That Real Blind Tech Show 43 | Demo of HBO Max, Audio Description, and How to Utilize the Apple TV AppJuly 11th 2021
It's another spectacularly awesome That Real Blind Tech show demo. Brian flying solo as he demos the HBO Max iOS app accessibility along with how to play Audio Description:
5) Eyes on Success 2129 | On the Road Again After CovidJuly 14th 2021
Video calls with a 3 and 5 year old just don't cut it. So hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey decided to take their first big road trip after Covid to see the grandkids in person. Hear about their journey from Colorado to Michigan through the cornfields of Nebraska and Iowa, some of the unusual sights they saw along the way, and more:
➜ Featured Webinars and Training Courses
1) Excel and Powerpoint Power Tips: ACB Community Call: Vispero PresentationThursday, July 15th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Join Rachel and Liz for Excel and PowerPoint power tips. Sponsored by Vispero. | One tap mobile: +13126266799,,88275409010# | Phone: (312) 626-6799 ☎ | Webinar ID: 882 7540 9010 | Passcode: 974968:
2) Balance: Supports & Tech Training For Blind Adults | The Network of Assistive Technologists (NOAT)July 16th 2021 | 10:30AM PT, 11:30AM MT, 12:30PM CT, 1:30PM ET, 5:30PM GMT | Join Dr. Deborah Gold, Executive Director of BALANCE for Blind Adults and Doug Poirier, the Assistive Technology Lead at BALANCE. An introduction to BALANCE and their services will be followed by demonstrations and discussions about available tools and training methods for the AT working with those who are blind:
3) 2021 ACB Virtual Conference and Convention | Registration Information and Browse Conference and Convention SessionsJuly 16th 2021 through July 23rd 2021 Registration is now open. If you wish, you can now browse the seminars, workshops, meetings, programs, and social events that are scheduled before you actually register. Registration will remain open to June 28, 2021, but before you register, there is an important task each of you must undertake if you plan on registering. ACB is moving ever closer to a singular login and password that will apply to all ACB websites and web-based functions. If you intend on registering for the convention this year, please go to https://members.acb.org/ to create your ACB account. Select "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" and complete the profile information requested. You will need to create a new username and password (if you wish, you can use the same username and password you used for past conventions when creating this new account). There is one exception: If you registered for the ACB Holiday Auction in December 2020, you have already created an account and you do not have to do so again. If you have problems or questions regarding this process, please call the Minnesota Finance Office at (612) 332-3242 ☎. You will use this new username and password when you register on or after May 20, 2021. To make sure you receive the most up to date information, subscribe to our convention announce list by sending a blank email to email@example.com ✉ or contact Janet Dickelman, convention coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org ✉ or by phone at (651) 428-5059 ☎.
4) Learn About HumanWare's Braille Products From The Braille InstituteJuly 20th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | To register or make inquiry, email
5) Accessibility Features to Consider & Avoid When Developing an Accessible Kiosk | TPGiJuly 20th 2021 | 7PM PT, 8PM MT, 9PM CT, 10PM ET, 2AM GMT on 7/21 | In this webinar, the TPGi team will interview Peter Jarvis, Senior Executive Vice President and founding Director of Storm Interface. Peter Jarvis will answer questions about what accessibility features should be considered when developing an accessible kiosk, mistakes to avoid, and at which point in your project you should be thinking about the proper assistive technology components:
6) Accessibility Features to Consider & Avoid When Developing an Accessible Kiosk from TPGiJuly 20th 2021 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT
7) Reading and Vision Accessibility in Your Pocket from PHPJuly 20th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT
8) New Approaches to Web Accessibility Requirements under WCAG3 from ADASoutheastJuly 27th 2021 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT
9) ATHEN | Access Technology Higher Education Network Quarterly MeetingJuly 28th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | Meeting ID: 845 0010 0064 | One tap mobile: +16699006833,,84500100064# US (San Jose) | +12532158782,,84500100064# US (Tacoma) | Meeting ID: 845 0010 0064 | Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbdyAM9fPT Join Zoom Meeting:
10) Technology User Group Helps You Prepare for the Changes Coming to Your iDevice and ComputerAugust 14th 2021 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | On On Saturday, August 14th 2021 the Technology User Group helps you prepare for the changes coming to your iDevice and computer. This September, iOS 15 will be released. Is your phone eligible for the upgrade? What new features can you expect? Is Siri going to have added skills and abilities? Also, we will look at the expected changes to Jaws and Zoomtext as they move toward a new Beta version debuting in October. You do not have to RSVP for this event. The presentation will last about 90 minutes. We look forward to meeting with you virtually and hope that you will join us for other exciting events we have planned for 2021. This presentation will be virtual and may be joined by calling:
1) Blind and Low-Vision Adults Needed for Survey of User Experiences with Food Delivery AppsClose Date: July 15th 2021 | Calling all blind and low-vision volunteers age 18 and older. Do you often encounter difficulties when ordering takeout food through food delivery apps and having the food delivered? Would you like to describe your challenges with these apps and food delivery and provide suggestions to improve your experience? Come to tell us about your experience. We are researchers from the Rochester Institute of Technology and currently we are conducting a survey to investigate the user experience, challenges, and workarounds of food delivery apps, like UberEats, DoorDash, and GrubHub by people with low-vision or blindness. In the survey, you will be asked your user experience with food delivery apps, and some questions about your background. The survey will take about 5-10 minutes:
2) Paid Opportunity to Participate in a Research Study: Studying Tools to Manage and Share PicturesClose Date: July 16th 2021 | We are a group of researchers at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We are conducting research to help blind people and people with visual impairments (BVI people) share pictures to social media free of private and sensitive information. We have designed a mobile App to let BVI users screen private and sensitive information of their about-to-share pictures using artificial intelligence (AI) and human effort. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this research study. Those who complete the study will receive a $20 compensation and $10 for exit interview. Learn more here:
1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html
2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html
3) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Game Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-game-directory.html
➜ Buy, Sell or Trade
1) FOR SALE: One Humanware Braille Note Touch PlusListing Date: 7/8/2021 | Price: $3,000.00 USD | Condition: Gently Used. | Description: Humanware Notetaker. Includes original retail packaging, braille quick reference, charger, and executive products carrying case. Purchased 7/2019. Warranty until 7/2022. Very gently used. Found I just don't use it like I thought I would. Price negotiable. | Contact: Email email@example.com ✉ or call Gary at (765) 286-0314 ☎. |
2) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.)Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 |
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
➜ GuideLights And Gadgets: Specials During ACB Convention Week and Throughout July 2021
Kae and I will be in our Zoom room from Friday, June 16th 201 through Wednesday, June 21st 2021 between 1 and 5 PM EDT. Many specials, clearance, and new merchandise to share with you. | Meeting ID: 617 969 7500 | One tap mobile: +131262667991,6179697500# US (Chicago) | +192920560991,6179697500# US (New York) | Phone: +1 (312) 626-6799 ☎ US (Chicago) | Meeting ID: 6179697500. | Door prizes to every 25th paying customer. Tech dog or leather your choice. $50 value. | To join the Zoom Meeting visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6179697500. | Barry Scheur | (617) 969-7500 ☎ | firstname.lastname@example.org ✉ | https://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ | KaeAnn Rausch | email@example.com ✉ | (781) 286-1696 ☎ | https://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/.
Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020
Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐
About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well.
What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, afforable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice!
➜ Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub
If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020
Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐
Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
Skype: atguys ✆
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍
Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍
About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎.
➜ Voice Training
Would you like to learn to control your computer with your voice, or to create documents using your voice rather than the keyboard? There are several tools to accomplish these objectives. I can provide training in their use. Write to me if interested at:
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/ 🌐
About: Dean Martineau is the Founder and a Contributing Editor to the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter.
➜ 3 Easy Steps To Accessible Shared Content For Your Remote Presentations: Rid Digital Darkness For Blind Attendee's Forever!
It's as easy as 1-2-3. Upload content... Copy a link... and paste the link in chat. Attendees never wonder what's shared on screen during online presentations. Upload slides within 5 minutes of presenting. Attendees can download content in multiple formats to view later. Eliminate digital darkness at your next online event with Scribe for Meetings. Get in on our, "Accessible Meetings and webinars for Life," introductory offer. Reseller opportunities available to expand your businesses accessibility offerings.
Sponsor Since: June 3rd 2021
Website: https://pneumasolutions.com/ 🌐
Email Newsletter: Click here to receive periodic news via email concerning Pneuma Solutions products for business, consumers and education.
Sales: (866) 202-0520 ☎
Support: (650) 249-1000 ☎
About: Backed by two decades of creating award-winning accessible cloud technologies for people with visual impairments, Pneuma Solutions is the global leader in accessible cloud-based solutions. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell. For more information on their individual profiles, click on their respective bio pages. We're proud to be the first company to develop cloud-based accessibility at the network level. Our tools provide organizations, like yours, a way to deliver secure, accessible information right from your network or from our secure servers. You can provide your print disabled consumers, students, employees, and citizens with a multitude of accessible options. Additionally, we offer a suite of cloud-based applications to blind and print disabled consumers directly from our website. Our consumer products are designed to make the day-to-day lives of blind and print disabled individuals more accessible and simpler to manage. Access to information is not a privilege, it's a right. It's also your right to obtain affordable, accessible cloud solutions to serve your end user. When organizations like yours implement our tools, together we help make it a more inclusive world for people with disabilities. Want to know more about how we can help you become more inclusive?
Contact us here. We'll be happy to discuss how our tools can help with your accessibility needs.
➜ Training to Fit Your Needs
Do you have a device you just don't understand? Do you want to advance your skills on a certain platform? Let Commtech help you out! From phones to note takers to computers and everything in between, let Commtech give you the skills you need to succeed. For more information, call (833) 345-8324 ☎ EXT 700 or visit our website:
Sponsor Since: April 22nd 2021
Website: https://commtechusa.net/ 🌐
Phone: (833) 345-8324 ☎
About: Commtech USA, a division of Commtech LLC is a Phoenix based national assistive technology company, with locations in Bakersfield CA. We deliver unmatched information technology and assistive technology consultations, training and support. Founded in 2005 as a government vendor fulfilling a vast range of technology needs of federal and state government clients, Commtech USA has expanded to meet the needs of businesses as well as individuals, with office locations across the nation. No issue is too large or too small for our staff, Commtech USA is the on call technology staff you call when you have tried the rest but need the best!
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
➜ Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable Braille Displays
Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®, Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and AndroidTM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille. Learn more today:
Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021
Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/ 🌐
Email: email@example.com ✉
Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎
About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit individual needs.
➜ VisionAware Resources: VisionAware Resources Including the Information and Referral Line
APH ConnectCenter has resources to help blind and low vision people thrive. In addition to the Reader's Digest Getting Started with Vision Loss Guide You can also call the Information and Referral Line with your questions about resources and living with blindness and low vision. https://visionaware.org/
Sponsor Since: March 4th 2021
Website: https://aphconnectcenter.org/ 🌐
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
APH ConnectCenter Information and Referral Line:
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
About: The APH ConnectCenter offers curated advice and resources to assist children, parents, adults, and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired, and their associated professionals, leading to greater independence and success in their lives.
➜ BRAILLIANT Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here!
The wait is over! A redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from many participating online libraries and share information easily with your peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this is the Brailliant idea you need!
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021
Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐
Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥
About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier.
➜ How to Carry Your Mag/Speech AT in Your Pocket with SuperNova USB
Get instant magnification, speech and screen reading on every computer you use without any installation with SuperNova USB! Perfect for professionals who move work stations or individuals who use multiple devices in various locations. Watch or listen to this 4-minute descriptive video demonstration that walks you through using the USB for different purposes in myriad settings!
Sponsor Since: January 28th 2021
Website: https://yourdolphin.com/ 🌐
Phone (USA & Canada): +1 (866) 797-5921 ☎
Phone (UK, Europe & Asia): +44 01905 754577 ☎
Phone (Nordic & Baltic Contries): +46 0515 82175 ☎
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of GuideConnect
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of SuperNova
About: Dolphin Computer Access offers a wide array of solutions for students, people in the workforce, and at home who are blind, visually impaired or have dyslexia. Each product is purposefully designed to help users, with varying levels of technology experience, do everyday things EASILY on computers and tablets. Founded in 1986 and located in Worcester England, Dolphin has grown to become a global market leader worldwide.
➜ Accessible Pharmacy Joins Be My Eyes
Accessible Pharmacy, the new, home delivery pharmacy with a blind founder, is bringing its full range of support and services to Be My Eyes. Users of the Be My Eyes app can now call Accessible Pharmacy directly to get support with medication, medical devices, and even home delivery COVID testing. With a fully trained and discreet pharmacy staff on call from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific, Accessible Pharmacy is the new way for blind and low vision consumers to get an easy, frictionless pharmacy experience. Call today — and you'll never have to take an Uber to the drugstore again.
Lead Contact: Will Butler, VP of Community
Sponsor Since: November 5th 2020
Website: https://www.bemyeyes.com/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
About: Be My Eyes is a free mobile app that allows anyone who needs video support to get assistance from a dynamic range of volunteers and company customer support professionals from around the world. With more than 4 million volunteers and dozens of companies offering on-demand visual interpretation and support, Be My Eyes is a free, unlimited way to bridge gaps and get access to whatever information you need — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in any language. Download the app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
➜ LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store Featured Products
Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today!
Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020
Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐
Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎
Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎
About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
➜ Build A Foundational Understanding Of Construction And Electronics With BRIC: Structures® Access Kit From APH - An Adapted Version Of An Educational Elenco® Product For Students Who Are Blind And Visually Impaired!
The BRIC: Structures® Access Kit combines ordinary building bricks with Snap Circuits® to create 26 projects, such as circuits and real-world structures, that run on electricity. Visit https://www.aph.org/product/bric-structures-access-kit/ to learn more.
Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020
Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐
Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎
Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎
Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥
Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱
About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success.
Top Tech Tidbits is a leading, not-for-profit adaptive technology publication that reaches over 7,300 adaptive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week.
Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 12 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication.
There are 0 of 12 packages currently available.
If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor, but there are no sponsorship packages currently available, we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: email@example.com ✉.
Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then have 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
Top Tech Tidbits Supporters:
We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support!
Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication.
If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support.
In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible:
1.) Gary Lee
2.) Anonymous Donation
3.) Pshon Barrett
1.) Howard Goldstein
2.) David Goldstein
3.) Katherine Crohan
1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today.
1.) Steven Wettlaufer
2.) Shaun Everiss
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
ABOUT:Founded in 2004, Top Tech Tidbits is a leading not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 7,000 assistive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology. Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information technology access. Top Tech Tidbits is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin, Jenna Lang. Top Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication.
RELEASE SCHEDULE:Top Tech Tidbits is released every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM ET.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
SPONSOR:If you would like to become 1 of only 18 Top Tech Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
SUPPORT:If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter.
LINKEDIN:Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin.
YOUTUBE:Are you on YouTube? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Home: Top Tech Tidbits||News: Top Tech Tidbits||Subscribe: Top Tech Tidbits||Donate: Top Tech Tidbits||Search: Top Tech Tidbits||Facebook: Top Tech Tidbits||Twitter: Top Tech Tidbits||LinkedIn: Top Tech Tidbits||YouTube: Top Tech Tidbits||RSS: Top Tech Tidbits||Back to Top|
Information provided by: