Home: Top Tech Tidbtits News: Top Tech Tidbtits Sign Up: Top Tech Tidbits Donate: Top Tech Tidbtits Search: Top Tech Tidbtits Facebook: Top Tech Tidbits Twitter: Top Tech Tidbits LinkedIn: Top Tech Tidbits YouTube: Top Tech Tidbits RSS: Top Tech Tidbits Back to Top
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Volume 828
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Top Tech Tidbits Brought To You By The Following 12 AT Industry Leaders:
This issue made possible by sponsorship support from: A.T. Guys, GuideLights And Gadgets, American Printing House, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store, Be My Eyes, HumanWare, APH ConnectCenter, Freedom Scientific, Pneuma Solutions, Carroll Center for the Blind, Blind Mice Mega Mall and HIMS, Inc..
Dear Tidbits Subscriber,
1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last WeekA.) A List Of Removed Siri Voice Commands: Sending Emails, Checking Call History And More: (9.2% of all clicks.)
B.) What's Coming In Windows 11 Accessibility: (5.7% of all clicks.)
C.) What's New in JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion 2022 Public Beta 2: (4.9% of all clicks.)
D.) Goodmaps Acquires The Sendero GPS Mobile Apps From Aira, Which Are Now Free!: (4.9% of all clicks.)
E.) Windows 11 Review: The Start Of A New Era: (4.9% of all clicks.)
2) How I Use The Apple Pencil With Low Vision | VeroniiiicaWhen I recently upgraded to the iPad Air 4th Generation (also known as the Model A2316), I decided to get the Apple Pencil 2nd Generation, as my friend had talked about how much they enjoyed using it. I immediately started using it and noticed a significant improvement in how I interacted with content on my device, especially as a user with low vision and dysgraphia. After receiving questions about how I use the Apple Pencil with low vision from a professor at my university and a friend on Twitter, today I will be listing my favorite uses for the Apple Pencil and how I use it in the classroom, workplace, and beyond:
3) Youtube Doubles Down On Accessibility With These Caption And Audio FeaturesThe new and upcoming features are meant to make the platform "more inclusive and accessible":
4) Eyedaptic Eye3 AR GlassesEquipped with patented simulated natural vision software, the Eyedaptic solution optimizes the user's functional peripheral vision. It does this through a small, embedded camera that captures the surroundings, manipulates, and enhances the pixels, and re-displays the image.
5) Google Improving Smartphone Accessibilitythese new features for Android smartphones were developed with feedback from people who rely on alternative communication technology.
6) Facebook Puts All Its Audio Features Into A New TabFacebook is expanding its investment in audio initiatives with the launch of a new "Audio" destination in its mobile app in the U.S., where users will be able to discover in one place all the audio formats Facebook now hosts, including podcasts, Live Audio Rooms, and short-form audio.
7) Anker Announces Soundcore's First Audio Glasses, Priced At $200These glasses are bone-conduction, making them useful for GPS navigation apps.
8) Fountain: A Markup Language For ScreenwritingDo you need to write a screenplay either for work, school or just as a hobby? Have you not been able to find an accessible screenwriting program? Try Fountain, a simple text markup language instead. There is no need for accessible software and visual formatting.
9) Air Pods Pro Can Help You Hear Conversations Better After Recent Firmware UpdateFind out how to take advantage of this new accessibility enhancement for the Air Pods Pro range. You can also customize the volume of background noise to suit your hearing:
10) Quick Phrases Feature Now Rolling Out To Google AssistantThis new feature means you won't have to say "hey Google" before many common commands:
11) How To Customize Accessibility Settings App By App On iPhone, iPad, and iPod TouchThis official video from Apple shows you how to customize visual enhancements for individual Apps:
12) What's New In Microsoft 365 Accessibility Features For Fall 2021Microsoft provide a comprehensive overview of the accessibility enhancements in Microsoft 365 products:
13) Voiceover In & Out 2021 YouTube Series by the Tech Juggernaut TeamMaster Voiceover on your iPhone or iPad with the Tech Juggernaut crew and special guests. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a session:
14) Accessibility Support For Teams For Your Personal LifeMicrosoft Teams for personal use is built right into Windows 11. Learn the tips and tricks to use it effectively with a screen reader:
15) Dolphin and Windows 11The team at Dolphin outline the plan to make all of their products fully compatible with Windows 11. A must read for Dolphin software users:
16) NV Access | Open Source Opens the Way!Ever wanted to try the very capable and free NVDA screen reader but worried about the security of open source software? The official NV Access team provide this great article explaining the benefits and how it all works:
17) Microsoft 365 Accessibility Features Fall 2021 Lineup: Here's What's NewHere's what Microsoft is doing to make its products, from Outlook to Office, more inclusive:
18) Apple AirTags: Low Vision | Hadley WorkshopsThis set of 3 workshops include: 'AirTags Low Vision: Setting It Up,' 'AirTags Low Vision: Finding Nearby Items,' 'AirTags Low Vision: Finding Items Further Away:'
19) Eyes-Free Audio Tutorials for Band-in-a-Box Music CreatorsWe are proud to offer an audio-only, "eyes-free" set of tutorials for learning some of the intricacies of the Band-in-a-Box software. It is intended to benefit users who prefer the keystroke rather than the mouse-click approach. In this bundle, we take you through 7 key functions for music creation. These are chord entry, creating that first song, inserting and deleting bars, and four distinctly different methods for copying bars. Our presentations are relaxed and informative with illustrative examples of operating Band-in-a-Box. We have included exercise song files so that you can follow along and work through the processes with the tutorial examples. (10) mp3 audio tutorials totaling 82 minutes in duration. (8) Exercise Song files for you to use on your own machine. (3) Word document files, the largest is 17 pages of Function to Hotkey reference. We have set the price for this first bundle at $25 to make our product readily affordable. They can be purchased using PayPal. As soon as we receive your order, we will send a link to you ready for immediate download of the 120 megabyte zip file. Just inquire here via email:
20) Creating Inclusive Hybrid Work Experiences | What's New In Microsoft 365 Accessibility Features For Fall 2021The theme for this year's National Disability Employment Awareness Month is "America's Recovery: Powered by Inclusion" — and within the hybrid workplace, technology is a crucial factor in determining how inclusive your workplace can be. For many employees with disabilities, it can mean the difference between performing at their best as an equal member of the team and being left out of the conversation entirely. Here are some of the improvements that have been made to accessibility in Microsoft 365 over the past few months:
21) Here Are All the Accesibility Features Built Into Your Apple WatchHere is an overview of everything the Apple Watch has to offer in its accessibility menu:
22) You Won't Need To Say 'Hey Google' Anymore For These Assistant CommandsOne-word commands for answering phone calls or dismissing alarms are now a thing:
➜ Press Releases and Other News
1) Group Works to Make Beaches More AccessibleIn TAMPA Florida, disability advocates are pushing for greater adoption of specialized semi-permanent mats that act like a boardwalk anchored to the sand so that people of all abilities can visit the beach:
2) Disability Employment Awareness Month: Creating a More Inclusive & Accessible Future of WorkThe pandemic has uncovered many societal inequities. Among the most impacted by recent employment losses are the estimated 1 billion people worldwide currently living with a disability - a growing figure due to aging, and most recently, the long-term effects of COVID-19:
3) Funding Allows Safe Toddles To Study Benefits Of Safe Mobility Device For Blind ToddlersFor 40 percent of children born with a visual impairment, learning to walk independently is a difficult, if not dangerous challenge. In addition to not being able to see where they are going or to avoid obstacles, they are too small to hold and maneuver the standard white cane often used by visually impaired adults. For this reason, many young children who are blind experience harmful collisions or falls when they attempt to walk independently, and are, consequently, fearful of exploring the environment and slow to develop effective motor skills. The resulting delays in concept, language, motor, and social development in turn affect the ability of too many youngsters to grow into independent, self-confident adults:
4) Cox Communications Uses New Remote Feature Assisting Customers With Physical DisabilitiesThe Accessible Web Remote for Contour empowers those who have lost motor skills with the ability to browse the video guide with a glance:
5) Lawline Announces A Suite Of Accessibility Options, Including The Ability To Add Closed Captioning To Their Entire Catalog Of On Demand CoursesLawline, a leading Continuing Legal Education provider, announces new accessibility features, including the ability to add closed captioning on all 1,700+ On Demand courses, and options for users with visual, aural and motor impairments, cognitive disabilities, and more:
➜ Featured Podcast Episodes
1) Blind Android Users 44 | The Cloud is the FutureOctober 9th 2021 | We talk about our special events 50th Episode and 1 year celebration and how listeners can be a part by filling the form on our website. In our must have apps we talk about cloud storage and demo all the popular cloud storage apps. In our commentary screen reader segment, we see what is new with the latest update and how to use multi part gestures. In talkback highlights we see how to manage volumes and label unlabelled buttons. To listen to episodes go to:
2) Mosen At Large 152October 9th 2021 Welcome to the world Windows 11, happy 10th birthday Siri, and a new book shares perspectives on being a disabled parent:
3) Eyes on Success 2142 BirdabilityOctober 13th 2021
Birdability is an organization whose mission is to make birding accessible to all. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Freya McGregor, Birdability Coordinator and Occupational Therapist, and Michael Hurben, avid birder with vision loss, about the organization and how anyone can enjoy birding and the wonderful outdoors even if they can't leave their own home!
➜ Featured Webinars and Training Courses
1) National Federation of the Blind DC State ConventionOctober 14th 2021 to October 16th 2021 | Get excited! The National Federation of the Blind DC State Convention is here! Convention will be virtual. Please register for the Convention using the link below. Hope to see you there! If you need any assistance, please call Chrichelle Brown at (202) 321-8650 ☎ or Joann Stephens at (202) 320-2843 ☎:
2) How Can Low Vision Products from Vispero Help You?October 14th 2021 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Join Michael Wood & Michelle Williams for an informative and interactive webinar where we will discuss different eye conditions and discover what products might best meet the needs of those conditions. With incredible features like magnification, text to speech, contrast, and portability, you are bound to find a solution that works best for you, your clients, and your students. Learn how Text to Speech can help you read longer when your eyes tire. Learn how Screen Masking aids to increase word recognition and reading accuracy. Learn how Magnification can help with day-to-day tasks. ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar. Register for this webinar to discover more about assistive technology and how it can help. All attendees over 18 years of age and living in the U.S. will have an opportunity to win a Pebble hand-held magnifier. One lucky attendee will be selected and notified via email after the webinar:
3) How to Make an Accessible Excel Workbook by TPGiOctober 19th 2021 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | This webinar provides best practices for making Excel spreadsheets accessible to disabled people. TPGi Accessibility Engineer, Aaron Farber, will review common accessibility issues within Excel spreadsheets and look at each accessibility issue first from the users' perspective, in how that issue affects them. The webinar then takes participants through the author's perspective and provides step-by-step instructions on how to fix that issue in their spreadsheet. Additionally, Aaron will answer the nuts-and-bolts questions such as compatibility between Excel and other operating systems like MacOS and the accessibility of other spreadsheet programs. Excel has released many new features such as Data from Picture; this webinar evaluates them through the lens of accessibility. Beyond building technical skills in Excel, participants will also learn whether WCAG applies to Excel spreadsheets. Register today:
4) TypeAbility Typing Program With JAWS and Fusion by Access IngenuityOctober 20th 2021 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | Join Ian Ramos, and Zhi Huang from Access Ingenuity, and the developer of TypeAbility, David Pinto from Yes Accessible to explore this program that works with JAWS and Fusion! Learning Outcomes: Explore the different options to customize TypeAbility. Discover the different features including typing lessons, typing race, academic tests, create your own lessons, etc. Preview the upcoming TypeAbility5 along with new features. | Meeting ID: 837 7304 4871 | Passcode: 593759 | One tap mobile: +16699009128,,83773044871#,,,,*593759# US (San Jose) | Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) | Join Zoom Meeting:
5) Windows 11 Accessibility Overview by MicrosoftOctober 27th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Hector Minto, Lead Accessibility Evangelist, Accessibility Team. Jeremy Curry, Support Escalation Engineer, Accessibility Team. We are excited to share how we are empowering people with disabilities to achieve more with Windows 11. This webinar will focus on a broad overview of accessibility in Windows 11, including new Contrast themes, how Windows 11 makes accessibility features easier to find and use, and more:
6) Managing Folders, Files, and Drives With a Screen Reader Part 3 by Access IngenuityOctober 27th 2021 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | Join Ian Ramos and Zhi Huang from Access Ingenuity as they explain the File Explorer interface of Windows 10 and provide many examples and tips to manage your folders, files, and drives. Although this is a Part 3, attendees would still benefit from this even if they didn't attend Parts 1 and 2. In addition, please feel free to contact us if there's an interest in the Parts 1 and 2 recordings. Learning Outcomes: Provide more explanations and examples on how to work with the Tree View and List View and how they affect each other. Show practical examples for previously introduced methods to rename, select, cut, copy, paste, and delete files and folders. Demonstrate how to manage drives such as an SD Card for the Victor Reader, and how to work with syncing folders like OneDrive and Google Drive. | Meeting ID: 896 8577 0228 | Passcode: 483670 | One tap mobile: +16699009128,,89685770228#,,,,*483670# US (San Jose) | Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) | Join Zoom Meeting:
7) ATHEN (Access Technology Higher Education Network) 2021 Annual MeetingNovember 9th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | All are welcome to attend the ATHEN Annual Meeting. Real-Time Captioning will be provided. If you would like to request any additional disability-related accommodations, please contact me at email@example.com ✉ | Zoom meeting:
8) Accessing Higher Ground Accessible Media, Web and Technology Conference by Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD)November 15th 2021 Through November 19th 2021 | Presented and hosted by AHEAD, Accessing Higher Ground is conducted in collaboration with ATHEN:
9) Using Windows 11 with a Screen Reader by MicrosoftNovember 17th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Jeff Bishop, Program Manager, Windows Engineering. Anne Taylor, Program Manager, Accessibility Team. Brett Humphrey, Program Manager, Teams Engineering. We are excited to share how we are empowering screen reader users to achieve more with what's coming in Windows 11. This webinar will focus on a broad overview of accessibility experiences in Windows 11. This includes new Start Menu interactions, a new Windows Settings experience, an all-new chat experience with your friends and family and more. New Windows hotkeys will also be introduced for things like Quick Settings, Notifications and others. Many of these features will be demoed using Narrator and third-party screen readers to give you a feel for the all new Windows 11 after you upgrade:
10) Carroll Center For The Blind: 2021 Free Virtual Technology FairNovember 23rd 2021 | The Carroll Center for the Blind's Virtual Technology Fair is back! Supercharge your independence from the comfort of your living room, office or anywhere you can log on. Attend exciting and informative presentations, visit with assistive technology exhibitors in breakout rooms, and find the products and services you need to live as independently as possible. Don't miss this opportunity to explore the latest products for individuals who are visually impaired. Free and open to consumers, families, friends, and professionals — the Carroll Center for the Blind's Virtual Technology Fair is sure to impress! Have you registered yet? Register for the Virtual Technology Fair today:
11) 2nd Annual Sight Tech Global 2021December 1st & 2nd 2021 | 100% free. 100% virtual. Sight Tech Global is the first global, virtual conference dedicated to fostering discussion among technology pioneers on how rapid advances in AI and related technologies will fundamentally alter the landscape of assistive technology and accessibility. Registration is now open:
12) ATHEN (Access Technology Higher Education Network) 1st Annual "Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Accessibility: Starting with Math"February 10th 2022 and February 11th 2022 | This virtual conference will take place on February 10th and 11th 2022. We are striving to create a diverse conference where experts can share their best practices, solutions, techniques, etc. for accessing and creating accessible STEM content in higher education. Join us! | Call for Proposal (Google Form) (Open now!) | Brush up by taking a sneak peek into the complexities in creating accessible STEM content in the YouTube video "Factors Involved in Making STEM Content Accessible" (10-minutes). | Conference Details, Dates, Registration, Cost:.
13) Axe-Con 2022March 15th 2022 through March 17th 2022 | Axe-con is an open and inclusive digital accessibility conference that welcomes developers, designers, business users, and accessibility professionals of all experience levels to a new kind of accessibility conference focused on building, testing, and maintaining accessible digital experiences. Register for axe-con 2022, it's free! Join us for this three-day, multi-track conference to help further your digital accessibility efforts. Hear from the top experts in the field, for your area of interest with none of the noise. Learn more about why you should attend or get started by saving your seat by registering now:
1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html
2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html
3) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Game Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-game-directory.html
➜ Buy, Sell or Trade
1) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.)Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 |
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
➜ Accessible Pharmacy Joins Be My Eyes
Accessible Pharmacy, the new, home delivery pharmacy with a blind founder, is bringing its full range of support and services to Be My Eyes. Users of the Be My Eyes app can now call Accessible Pharmacy directly to get support with medication, medical devices, and even home delivery COVID testing. With a fully trained and discreet pharmacy staff on call from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific, Accessible Pharmacy is the new way for blind and low vision consumers to get an easy, frictionless pharmacy experience. Call today — and you'll never have to take an Uber to the drugstore again.
Lead Contact: Will Butler, VP of Community
Sponsor Since: November 5th 2020
Website: https://www.bemyeyes.com/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
About: Be My Eyes is a free mobile app that allows anyone who needs video support to get assistance from a dynamic range of volunteers and company customer support professionals from around the world. With more than 4 million volunteers and dozens of companies offering on-demand visual interpretation and support, Be My Eyes is a free, unlimited way to bridge gaps and get access to whatever information you need — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in any language. Download the app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
➜ LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store Featured Products
Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today!
Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020
Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐
Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎
Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎
About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
➜ Coding is Easy and Accessible with Colby the Code & Go Robot Mouse
Code & Go Mouse introduces coding concepts and tactile graphics as users program Colby to race through a maze toward the cheese. Colby lights-up, makes sounds, and features two speeds along with colorful buttons for easy programming and sequencing.
Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020
Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐
Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎
Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎
Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥
Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱
About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success.
➜ GuideLights And Gadgets: New For Fall
(1) Get our new Medical 3 Talk bundle: infrared thermometer, BP meter, and now, our new talking oximeter; $130.00 plus $16.80 shipping; $20 off our usual price through end of October. (2) Another new neck pouch, this one a little bigger, with Velcro instead of a snap closure, and much more durable leather than the first one; $25.00 for one, $40.00 for 2. (3) Our 59 and 48 inch aluminum telescopic canes can be used at any length and compact to 12 inches; $50.00; Many New bags too; if you want to know more, Call Barry (617) 969-7500 ☎ | firstname.lastname@example.org ✉ or KaeAnn (781) 286-1696 ☎ | email@example.com ✉ for dog products (grooming, safety, travel, and toys.)
Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020
Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐
About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well.
What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, afforable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice!
➜ Plugable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub
If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Plugable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020
Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐
Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
Skype: atguys ✆
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍
Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍
About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎.
➜ Order Now! Get The Most Powerful Android Notetaker Available, the BrailleSense 6 From HIMS. It's Simply The Best.
The time is now to get your all-new BrailleSense 6 notetaker, the most powerful and user-friendly notetaker on the market. Running Android 10, with 128 GB of Storage, 6 GB of Memory, and an 8-Core CPU, the BrailleSense 6 is the ultimate braille notetaker. Learn more today at:
Sponsor Since: September 30th 2021
Website: https://hims-inc.com/ 🌐
Shop All Products: https://hims-inc.com/shop-all-products/ 🛒
Phone: (512) 837-2000 ☎
About: HIMS, Inc. is a global manufacturer and distributor that has provided braille, magnification and accessible healthcare devices since 1999.
➜ VIP-3000 Talking Thermostat Now $199.99 & FreeShipping from BlindMiceMegaMall.com
Independently control the comfort of your home! The VIP 3000 is a universal heating - cooling talking thermostat designed specifically for persons who are blind or have low vision. Introduced in 2003 they were the first accessible digital thermostats specifically designed to offer audio playback of indoor temperature, temperature settings and programming instructions so blind and visually impaired users can independently & precisely manage their indoor comfort. Don't over pay. Read More and order Yours Now:
Sponsor Since: September 23rd 2021
Website: https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/ 🌐
Blind Mice Order Center Phone: (866) 922-8877 ☎
Blind Mice Order Center Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST/CDT (GMT-5) Monday through Friday
Mall Directory of Stores: https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory 🛒
Join The Today's Cheese Newsletter: Join the Today's Cheese newsletter to get Members' Only sales & Unadvertised Specials from the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. You can save money with these unadvertised specials! Send an email to: TodaysCheese+Subscribe@Groups.io ✉
Blind Mice Swap Shop: Sell, Swap, and Buy. The Mice receive calls everyday asking if we buy or sell used or unwanted items. The Mice don't sell used products but to help our members, we created the Blind Mice Swap Shop! The Blind Mice Swap Shop is the place for Sellers, Traders, & Buyers to find each other! Do you ... have something you don't want anymore... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Got something you just don't use... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Got something new to sell... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Provide a service that might be helpful to other Blind and Visually Impaired folks... Post it to the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Have an announcement about an upcoming event beneficial to the Blind & Visually Impaired Community... Post it to the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Joining the Blind Mice Swap Shop is free and as easy as sending an email to: BlindMiceSwapShop+Subscribe@Groups.io ✉
About: Welcome to Blind Mice Mega Mall! The Mall with the Blind In Mind! Blind Mice Mega Mall is designed for use with a screen reader and low vision software for visually impaired shoppers. Each store is an independent business owned / managed by a member of the Blind / Low Vision Community. Please browse & shop the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. You will find great items and unique offerings from our merchants. You help the Blind Community every time you make a purchase from any of the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. Every purchase made at Blind Mice Mega Mall gives back to the Blind and Visually Impaired Community. Proceeds from sales fund the MouseHole Scholarship Program, the Cooking In The Dark Show and The Movie Vault. Blind Mice Mega Mall accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, Checks, and Money Orders. Purchase Orders From State Agencies are also welcome.
➜ Screen Reader User Tester Training Program at the Carroll Center for the Blind
Want to break into the digital accessibility field as a screen reader user tester? Through the Carroll Center for the Blind's all new 6-week intensive Screen Reader User Tester Training program, participants can learn and grow their ability to professionally explore, test, and report findings regarding the accessibility of websites, mobile applications, and digital document files using screen readers. To learn more about the User Tester program, visit:
Sponsor Since: August 5th 2021
Website: https://carroll.org/ 🌐
Phone: (617) 969-6200 ☎Fax: (617) 969-6204 ░
Shop: https://carroll.org/store/ 🛒
Donate: https://carroll.org/donate ❤
About: The Carroll Center for the Blind is the foremost leader in vision rehabilitation services for individuals confronted by the challenges of vision loss. Our mission is to empower those who are blind or visually impaired to achieve independence and to lead a fulfilling life. Established in 1936, the renowned Carroll Center for the Blind has been serving those with vision impairment for over eight decades; we are known nationally as a premier Vision Rehabilitation Center. Located just outside of Boston on a sprawling campus in Newton, Massachusetts, we proudly serve ALL ages and ALL stages of vision loss. With the ongoing promise of improving the lives of people with vision-related problems, The Carroll Center for the Blind has pioneered many innovative services allowing people who are blind or have low vision to learn the skills to be independent in their homes, in class settings, and in their work places. Our services include vision rehabilitation, vocational and transition programs, assistive technology training, educational support, and recreation opportunities for individuals who are visually impaired of all ages. For over 80 years, the expertise of Carroll Center staff has provided help for thousands of blind and visually impaired persons with diverse opportunities for success and independent living.
➜ The 50% Introductory Rate for Scribe for Meetings is Coming to a Close!
Sign up for your lifetime subscription at the discounted rate before October 15, and lock in your access to future features, including the recently unveiled functionality with Microsoft Teams. Robust accessibility at the price you want starts here:
Sponsor Since: June 3rd 2021
Website: https://pneumasolutions.com/ 🌐
Email Newsletter: Click here to receive periodic news via email concerning Pneuma Solutions products for business, consumers and education.
Sales: (866) 202-0520 ☎
Support: (650) 249-1000 ☎
About: Backed by two decades of creating award-winning accessible cloud technologies for people with visual impairments, Pneuma Solutions is the global leader in accessible cloud-based solutions. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell. For more information on their individual profiles, click on their respective bio pages. We're proud to be the first company to develop cloud-based accessibility at the network level. Our tools provide organizations, like yours, a way to deliver secure, accessible information right from your network or from our secure servers. You can provide your print disabled consumers, students, employees, and citizens with a multitude of accessible options. Additionally, we offer a suite of cloud-based applications to blind and print disabled consumers directly from our website. Our consumer products are designed to make the day-to-day lives of blind and print disabled individuals more accessible and simpler to manage. Access to information is not a privilege, it's a right. It's also your right to obtain affordable, accessible cloud solutions to serve your end user. When organizations like yours implement our tools, together we help make it a more inclusive world for people with disabilities. Want to know more about how we can help you become more inclusive?
Contact us here. We'll be happy to discuss how our tools can help with your accessibility needs.
➜ Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable Braille Displays
Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®, Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and AndroidTM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille. Learn more today:
Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021
Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/ 🌐
Email: email@example.com ✉
Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎
About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit individual needs.
➜ VisionAware Resources Including the Information and Referral Line
APH ConnectCenter has resources to help blind and low vision people thrive. In addition to the Reader's Digest Getting Started with Vision Loss Guide You can also call the Information and Referral Line with your questions about resources and living with blindness and low vision. https://visionaware.org/
Sponsor Since: March 4th 2021
Website: https://aphconnectcenter.org/ 🌐
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
APH ConnectCenter Information and Referral Line:
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
About: The APH ConnectCenter offers curated advice and resources to assist children, parents, adults, and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired, and their associated professionals, leading to greater independence and success in their lives.
➜ BRAILLIANT Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here!
The wait is over! A redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from many participating online libraries and share information easily with your peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this is the Brailliant idea you need!
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021
Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐
Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥
About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier.
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading, not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 6,500 Adaptive Technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week.
Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 12 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication.
There are 0 of 12 packages currently available.
If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor, but there are no sponsorship packages currently available, we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: email@example.com ✉.
Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then have 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
Top Tech Tidbits Supporters:
We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support!
Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication.
If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support.
In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible:
1.) Gary Lee
2.) Anonymous Donation
3.) Pshon Barrett
1.) Howard Goldstein
2.) David Goldstein
3.) Katherine Crohan
1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today.
1.) Steven Wettlaufer
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
ABOUT:Founded in 2004, Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 6,700 assistive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology. Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information technology access. Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin, Jenna Lang, Stephen (Alex) Marositz, and Ben Moxey. Top Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication.
RELEASE SCHEDULE:Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is sent out every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM EST / EDT.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
SPONSOR:If you would like to become 1 of only 12 Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
SUPPORT:If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter.
LINKEDIN:Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin.
YOUTUBE:Are you on YouTube? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by: