Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 217
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
I am selling a full Trekker-Maestro system, an adapted PDA especially known for its GPS, but also including a DAISY book reader, text editor, calendar, contact manager and media player, for $775 including shipping, or $975 with a newer PDA including shipping.
Consulting and training services are available in French and Spanish as well as English.
1) Sendero Group has announced version 6 of its GPS product for the Braille Note product family. This version includes 11 changes from Version 5, and users now get morfe maps.
2) This week's editions of Innovations discusses yet another accessible way to use Twitter, using the command line, and the accessible iPhone. Innovations is first heard on GMT Tuesday at 17:00 with repeats on Thursday at 00:00, Friday at 14:00, Sunday at 09:00 on the Global Voice. Fortunately, these programs are all archived here:
3) windows 7 will be the next windows operating system, due out in October. A good place to learn about it, with 791 screens full of information, is the Windows 7 Center:
4) Serotek Tech Chat 24 consists of a round table with HumanWare and Research IN Motion to discuss the forthcoming screen reader for the newest Blackberry phones and the iPhone and what it all means for the future.
5) The features and accessibility of Facebook, the popular and enigmatic social networking site, will be the topic for the Accessible World online program scheduled for GMT Tuesdeay, 21 July at 00:00.
6) Shane Jackson's latest podcast concerns the new Book Sense from Gw Micro.
7) The Winamp scripts for window-Eyes continue to be improved thanks to the new scripting capability built into Window-Eyes 7.1.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |