Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 268
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement:
What distinguishes NetECHO from any other web browser today is that it does not require a PC or mobile phone, web browser, or screenreader in order to use the application. Amazed? We were too. To subscribe to the NetECHO service, or to obtain more information about it, including a complete 45 minute audio podcast demonstration of NetEcho given by Flying Blind, LLC founder Larry Lewis, visit us today at www.flying-blind.com.
1) Learn about Skype version 4.2 and its accessibility on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 3 August at 00:00.
2) US residents who are not yet Bookshare members might want to take advantage of their offer in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Starting August 1 and running for three months, people can get a free member ship entitling them to 20 books during that period. If they opt to become paying members, the $25 setup fee will be waived.
3) This Fred's Head post is entitled Online Hindi Audio books and E Books for free download
4) Bookshare - ClassMate Reader Download Training 101 will be a free webinar on Tuesday, 10 August at 16:00 GMT. Pre-registration is required.
5) The Limelighter is a $3,995 low-vision music reading device from Dancing Dots that enables people with low vision to read and mark up sheet music with varying magnification levels.
6) Disable Constant Refreshing While Typing Search Queries on Google's Webpage is a new article on the Gw Micro Knowledgebase.
7) A reader recommends Xmarks, Bookmark Sync and Search site
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at https://www.toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2010.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |