Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, April 22, 2021 - Volume 803The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication
Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology.
This Week's Featured Advertisement: Top Tech Tidbits. The World's #1 Adaptive Technology Publication. Become A Future Sponsor By Joining Our Waiting List Today!
This issue made possible by sponsorship support from: Dean Martineau @ TopTechTidbits.com, John Panarese @ MacForTheBlind.com, A.T. Guys @ ATGuys.com, Barry Scheur @ GuideLightsAndGadgets.us, American Printing House @ APH.org, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store @ Adaptations.org, Be My Eyes @ BeMyEyes.com, Dolphin Computer Access @ YourDolphin.com, HumanWare @ HumanWare.com, APH ConnectCenter @ APHConnectCenter.org, Freedom Scientific @ FreedomScientific.com and Commtech USA @ CommtechUSA.net.
Dear Tidbits Subscriber,
1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last WeekA.) JAWS with Microsoft Office Power Tip: I Want the Save and Open Dialogs Back: (7.3% of all clicks.)
B.) Robotic Guide Dogs Could Help Visually Impaired People Navigate The World. Here's How: (6.9% of all clicks.)
C.) Some Thoughts on Smart Canes: (5.0% of all clicks.)
D.) JAWS Power Tip: Append Selected Text to Clipboard with JAWS: (4.4% of all clicks.)
E.) New Blind Accessibility Tips and Tutorials Website: (4.4% of all clicks.)
2) Top Tech Tidbits Welcomes Commtech USAPlease join us in welcoming aboard Commtech USA, who has generously agreed to support the distribution of Tidbits via sponsorship for the next three months. Commtech USA, a division of Commtech, LLC, is a Phoenix-based national assistive technology company with locations in Bakersfield, CA. They deliver unmatched information technology and assistive technology consultations, training and support. Founded in 2005 as a government vendor fulfilling a vast range of technology needs of federal and state government clients, Commtech USA has expanded to meet the needs of businesses as well as individuals, with office locations across the nation. No issue is too large or too small for their staff. Learn more today at:.
3) Applevis Summary of Apple's "Spring Loaded" Product Launch EventNew iPads, new iMacs, and a new Apple TV, but perhaps most exciting of all was the launch of Apple AirTags. AirTag is a small (about the size of a quarter, 32mm x 32mm x 6mm), circular tag with built-in Bluetooth and Ultra Wideband support designed to attach to easily-lost items like wallets, backpacks, and keys. AirTag has a built-in speaker that can play sounds to help locate it, while a removable cover provides access to the replaceable battery. It is IP67 water- and dust-resistant. AirTag features the same setup experience as AirPods — just bring AirTag close to iPhone and it will connect. You can assign AirTag to an item and name it with a default like "Keys" or "Jacket," or provide a custom name of your choosing. AirTag uses what Apple calls "Precision Finding" to give users the exact distance and direction to their AirTag, guiding them through a combination of sound, haptics, and visual feedback. Apple has confirmed that AirTag includes support for the accessibility features built into iOS. Precision Finding using VoiceOver, for example, can direct users who are blind or low-vision to AirTag with directions like "AirTag is 9 feet away on your left."
4) Reader Feedback | Some Tidbits Links Provide A Bad Reading ExperienceIn this reader feedback review our Publisher addresses one reader's concerns regarding some Tidbits links:
5) How to Turn Notes into Reminders on iOS and MacThese two apps work together:
6) NV Access | In-Process 16th April 2021Information about speech dictionaries and finding YouTube comments:
7) Tools Used by Blind ScientistsA blind researcher compiled this list:
8) 7 Reasons Why Seniors Need an Apple WatchBy Jennifer Disipio:
10) Blind Tech Guys, BTG ClipsThese are exerpts from the Blind Tech Guys podcast available on YouTube:
11) LibreOffice Writer Guide 7.1 Now AvailableThe book is a complete guide for users who want to explore the best resources of LibreOffice Writer, the word processor of the LibreOffice suite:
12) Recording | Windows Screen Reader Experience | An Overview | CCB Presentation from April 7th 2021In this 43 minute podcast, Gerry Chevalier demonstrates the experience of using Windows from the keyboard with a screen reader and no mouse. The presentation is not intended to teach screen readers but rather provide an experience of what it is like to use a screen reader when you cannot see the screen or use the mouse. It is intended for low vision people who are struggling to use Windows with a mouse as their vision loss progresses and they might wonder what the screen reader experience is like. For his presentation Gerry uses the Narrator screen reader since it is part of Windows 10:
13) Recording | Apple Watch Workshop | Florida Outreach Center for the Blind Presentation from April 15th 2021https://1drv.ms/v/s!AisYUv3BHXuF8XyiYtJkpBsnPSLF?e=gp1q8N
14) Recording | Sight and Sound Technology Podcast | Demonstration of the New BrailleSense 6 from April 11th 2021https://audioboom.com/posts/7841871-webinar-braillesense-6-brilliance
15) JAWS Inspect Q1 2021 Feature UpdatesUpdates include: Start a Full Page Report with a Shortcut Key, Option to Open Reports in the Active Browser, Start the Speech Viewer from the Reports Menu, Speech Capture Options and more:
➜ Press Releases and Other News
1) Oscar-Nominated Short Film 'Feeling Through' Makes History for Deaf-Blind CommunityFeeling Through tells the story of a chance encounter between a homeless teen and a deaf, blind man trying to get back home. The film is nominated for the Oscar for Best Live Action Short Film, and it's already made history as the first to cast a deaf, blind actor, Robert Tarango, in a lead role:
2) Many Libraries Offer Victor Reader Devices for People with Vision DisordersHundreds of libraries in Canada and the United States recognize that people with vision orders or are completely blind need a way to consume audiobooks and ebooks. There is a company called Humanware, that has been making these types of products for a number of years and their most popular ones are the Victor Reader Stratus12 and the brand new Victor Reader Stream:
3) Local Puppy Raiser Helps Provide Independence for the Visually ImpairedAlissa Phillips has been volunteering as a puppy raiser since 2016 for Guiding Eyes for the Blind, a Yorktown Heights-based nonprofit organization that connects dogs with visually impaired people to help them achieve greater independence and freedom:
4) Meet the San Diego Athlete on the US Paratriathlon National TeamAmy Dixon shares how she trains as a visually impared athlete and which finish lines she hopes to cross next:
5) Government of Canada Announces Support for New Accessible Technology ProjectsInnovative projects will make it easier for Canadians living with disabilities to participate in the digital economy:
6) Website Accessibility: What Apartment Operators Need to KnowWhy property websites should be WCAG-compliant to ensure a barrier-free experience for online users:
➜ Featured Podcast Episodes (Recent and Upcoming)
1) Hadley Presents: A Conversation with the Experts | Vision Loss and Self DiscoveryApril 16th 2021 Join Hadley advisor Eddie Becerra as he shares about losing his sight from diabetic retinopathy, and how he gained a new perspective on life:
2) Blind Android Users 19 | All About Cameras and ChromecastApril 18th 2021
3) Say My Meme | Weed MemesApril 19th 2021 | April is a big month for things that are green: The Earth, Weed.. not sure what else. And to stoners, memes are the lifeblood of good humor and chill times. That's why this week we're bringing you the best weed memes!
4) That Real Blind Tech Show 28 | A Conversation with Comedian Stacey Prussman the Disabled Communities Choice For the Next Mayor of New York CityApril 20th 2021
5) Be My Eyes Podcast | The First Deafblind Actor to Attend the OscarsApril 20th 2021 | When Robert Tarango was cast to star in Doug Roland's short film Feeling Through, he was a kitchen assistant at the Helen Keller National Center. On Sunday, he'll walk down the red carpet at the 93rd Academy Awards. Here's his story — and why it's so important for the future of inclusion in film and TV.:
6) Mosen At Large 116April 21st 2021 Review of the Zoom Podtrak P4 Digital Recorder from a Blindness Perspective:
7) Eyes on Success 2117 | Designing a ProfessionApril 21st 2021 | "Who Wants to Hire a Blind Interior Designer?" was the subject of an introductory email we received from John Robert Wiltgen's publicist. So we decided to find out! Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with John about his very successful career, how he worked around his impaired vision, and about some of the other challenges he had to overcome.
8) Blind Tech Guys 80 | Let's Get SocialApril 21st 2021 | On this week's episode of the pod, Nimer continues our series on web apps by demonstrating how accessible Facebook and Twitter are on Android, iOS and Windows and in our Did You Know section, we continue our series on phone settings by exploring the Bluetooth settings on both Android and iOS:
9) Outdoors With Lawrence Gunther 23: Earth Day Critters that Glide and Flying BlindApril 22nd 2021 | April 22nd 2021 is Earth Day, so what better way to celebrate than to explore different ways to defy gravity. Ms Lilly schools us on critters that have figured out how to Glide. Our bucket list is Freedom Wings Canada where people with disabilities can go to learn to fly gliders. We explore the technology used by blind pilot Miles Hilton Barber to fly his microlight plane halfway around the world. And we close with some reflections on how earth stepped up for us big time over the past year during our enforced grounding. It's all on episode 23 of Outdoors with Lawrence Gunther.
➜ Featured Webinars and Training Courses (Upcoming)
1) Zoom Webinar | ACB Community Call | Vispero Presentation: JAWS TipsApril 22nd 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Join Liz Whitaker and Rachel Buchanan with your Pro JAWS Tips, and they will share theirs as well! Sponsored by Vispero at: https://www.freedomscientific.com/. | One tap mobile: +13126266799,,88275409010# | Phone: (312) 626-6799 ☎ | Webinar ID: 882 7540 9010 | Passcode: 974968 | Join the webinar:
2) NOAT (Network of Assistive Technologists) Webinar | Part 3 of 3 CNIB Frontier Accessibility Vision ShowcaseApril 23rd 2021 | 10:30AM PT, 11:30AM MT, 12:30PM CT, 1:30PM ET, 5:30 PM GMT | Meet the key players and learn about available products and services for Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. join Andrea Voss from CNIB Frontier Accessibility as she leads a three part series showcasing CNIB Frontier Accessibility and their various programs, plus their partnerships with Eschenbach, Humanware, and Vispero:
3) Blind Cartographer Presentation at StanfordApril 23rd 2021 | 3PM PT, 4PM MT, 5PM CT, 6PM ET, 10PM GMT | Joshua Miele: Hands-On Mapping: The Story of a Blind Cartographer. Register:
4) Zoom Webinar | ACB Community Call | Exploring NVDAApril 24th 2021 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Each week we will go through the ins and outs of NVDA, a free and open source screen reader for Windows. We will also take a deep dive into Windows products such as the Office Suite and Windows ecosystem. | One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85748494298# | Phone: (312) 626-6799 ☎ | Meeting ID: 857 4849 4298 | Passcode: 272636 | Join the call:
5) TPGi Webinar | Crystal Ball 2021: Predictions for the ADA Title III Digital Accessibility LandscapeApril 27th 2021 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | In this webinar, Seyfarth's ADA Title III Team leaders will address how the pandemic has affected the ADA Title III landscape, how the Biden Administration will likely approach ADA Title III enforcement, and what we expect in 2021 and beyond for legal actions over digital accessibility:
6) VLANJ Tech Talks | Converting Kindle BooksApril 28th 2021 | 4PM PT, 5PM MT, 6PM CT, 7PM ET, 11PM GMT | For this month's VLANJ fourth Wednesday Tech Talks program, Dean Martineau will demonstrate using the Codex program to convert Kindle books for more flexible reading options. Register:
7) Video Accessibility with 3Play Media | Part 1 of 3 | Closed CaptioningMay 4th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | In this webinar you will learn the basics of closed captioning and how 3Play Media can help make your videos fully accessible, searchable, and more engaging for all viewers:
8) Microsoft 2021 Ability SummitMay 5th & 6th 2021 | The Microsoft Ability Summit is a two-day, free digital event experience that brings together people with disabilities, allies, and accessibility professionals to Imagine, Build, Include, and Empower the future of disability inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all to join and spread the word. Registration will open in March. In the meantime, learn more and check out the Ability Summit 2021 announcement video here:
9) TPGi Webinar | How Any Organization Can Start Small but Deliver Big with AccessibilityMay 6th 2021 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Creating and maintaining an accessible website can be a daunting proposition for many businesses for several reasons: • They aren't aware of the magnitude of how much remediation may be needed for their own website and aren't sure how to start assessing this. • They have limited resources to devote to accessibility-related activities. • They are not interested or unable to pay for expensive accessibility monitoring and testing software that caters to enterprise organizations. Register at:
10) Free 2021 National Coding SymposiumMay 11th 2021 to May 14th 2021 | This event targets middle and high-school students, parents, teachers and adaptive technology instructors. Co-sponsored by American Printing House and the California School for the Blind, emphasis is on accessibility of the coding process. Recordings will be posted to the APH YouTube Channel afterwards. Details and registration information here:
11) Video Accessibility with 3Play Media | Part 2 of 3 | Audio DescriptionMay 11th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | This webinar will cover the basics of how to add audio description to online video, legal requirements for audio description, video player compatibility, examples and demos, how to create audio description, and benefits of audio description outside of accessibility:
12) Video Accessibility with 3Play Media | Part 2 of 3 | Live CaptioningMay 18th 2021 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | In this webinar you will learn the basics of live captioning and how 3Play Media can help make your videos fully accessible, searchable, and more engaging for all viewers:
13) Zoom Webinar by World-Renowned Apple Trainer and Consultant John Panarese and Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) Donna JodhanMay 22nd 2021 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | Share your thoughts and suggestions as to how Apple can further enhance and improve its products to meet the requirements of blind and vision impaired persons. Share your dreams and visions as to how we can foster more collaboration with Apple. To register, please send an email to the following address no later than 12:00 Noon EST on Friday May 21st 2021:
14) National Federation of the Blind 2021 National ConventionJuly 6th 2021 through July 10th 2021 | Register for free to attend the largest gathering of blind people and take advantage of the opportunity to network with thousands of blind role models, connect with leaders in the field of blindness, attend presentations on a variety of empowering topics, and learn about the latest in technology and innovation. Learn more and register here:
1) Access Technology in the WorkplaceClose Date: May 1st 2021 | Open Date: Now Open | Survey Information: a. The NRTC is recruiting people with blindness or low vision (age 21+) who are working or interested in working to be part of a 5-year study about access technology (AT) use, particularly in the workplace. Some questions we will seek answers to are: i. What AT do you most commonly use? ii. How do you decide whether to use a specific AT? iii. What are your AT challenges? iv. What AT do you need that isn't currently available? b. We want to know YOUR thoughts and experiences! Participation will involve completing multiple surveys to help us determine how AT use is changing over time. Fill out the online pre-screening survey to see if you qualify! 5. Survey Rewards Offered: a. if selected from this pre-screening survey, you'll receive a small gift card after completing each survey. Additionally, the NRTC will share study results with participants:
2) Microsoft Screen Reader Experience SurveyClose Date: May 14th 2021 | Microsoft is inviting users of screen readers to participate in a survey to collect information regarding which screen reader they use, how they use it, and their confidence level. Your responses will not be associated with any of your personal information. The survey should take around 15 minutes:
1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html
2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directoryhttps://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html
➜ Buy, Sell or Trade
1) FOR SALE: One HIMS QBraille XL 40 Smart DisplayListing Date: 4/22/2021 | Price: $2,500.00 USD | Condition: New. | Description: A 40 cell display that has all the control keys found on PC/Mac. You can read/type in braille with the Perkins but not have to learn specific screen reader commands. USB/bluetooth, and it can take standalone notes, has a calendar etc. Reasonable offers OK. | Contact: email@example.com ✉ or (269) 358-8853 ☎ |
2) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.)Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 |
Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads:
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
A Month of Excitement. New Products For You:
1) A Telescopic cane you can trust! Will stay open AND NOT COLLAPSE, extends from 11 to 59 inches. Corrugated light aluminum tubing; 2 nylon roller tips: $50. 2) Our first rugged leather "gadbag". For phone, stream, wallet, and more, 5x7x4. Will even work hands-free with AIRA, $35. 3) Our accurate non-contact talking infrared thermometer, $50, also cuff and wrist talking BP models; demos at: https://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/. 4) Our new loaded Evo 10 Daisy Player with Internet and FM Radio, Podcatcher, audio editor, Ivona voices, and lots more; $230 with Mystic Access tutorial. Tutorial. Call us at: (617) 969-7500 ☎;. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020
Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐
About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well.
What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, afforable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice!
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub
If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020
Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐
Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎
Email: email@example.com ✉
Skype: atguys ✆
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍
Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍
About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
John Panarese, Apple Certified Support Professional, Apple Certified Trainer
John Panarese is pleased to announce an upcoming May special event in collaboration with Donna Jodhan! See how these 2 people can give you a chance to make your views known to Apple! A unique event that is attracting a lot of attention from technology experts and podcasters alike! To learn more about John and his high profile initiatives visit him at:
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.macfortheblind.com/ 🌐
Donate Course Time: https://donorbox.org/macfortheblind ❤
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
About: Macfortheblind.com is a place specifically for blind people who are either users or potential users of Macintosh computers or iOS devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, Apple Watch and Apple TV. I am a blind individual who has used the Mac ever since VoiceOver became available in OS 10.4 Tiger, and I own an iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Book Pro laptop computer, an iPhone 6S, an iPad Air, an Apple Watch and an Apple TV 4th Generation. In addition, I am an Authorized Apple Business Affiliate, and as an Apple Certified Support Professional and an Apple Certified Trainer, I offer training and technical support for individuals, agencies and organizations on the mac and all iDevices, as well as offering assistive technology consulting.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Would you like to learn to control your computer with your voice, or to create documents using your voice rather than the keyboard? There are several tools to accomplish these objectives. I can provide training in their use. Write to me if interested at:
Sponsor Since: June 4th 2020
Website: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/ 🌐
About: Dean Martineau is the Founder and a Contributing Editor to the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Commtech USA Presents Learn Logic Pro is Now Available With Accessivision
Get up and running with Apple's Premier digital audio workstation today! Course Creator Daniel Contreras is excited to bring an extensive and in-depth course in using Logic Pro from an accessibility perspective. With over 5 years of experience with this software, Daniel Offers a 5-section course that covers the essential topics related to the use of Logic Pro. Whether you are a content creator, music producer, or a audio enthusiast, this course will get you up and running with Logic Pro in no time. Get started on your Logic journey today! Phone: (833) 345-8324 ☎ EXT 715 | Email: email@example.com ✉:
Sponsor Since: April 22nd 2021
Website: https://commtechusa.net/ 🌐
Phone: (833) 345-8324 ☎
About: Commtech USA, a division of Commtech LLC is a Phoenix based national assistive technology company, with locations in Bakersfield CA. We deliver unmatched information technology and assistive technology consultations, training and support. Founded in 2005 as a government vendor fulfilling a vast range of technology needs of federal and state government clients, Commtech USA has expanded to meet the needs of businesses as well as individuals, with office locations across the nation. No issue is too large or too small for our staff, Commtech USA is the on call technology staff you call when you have tried the rest but need the best!
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable Braille Displays
Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®, Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and AndroidTM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille. Learn more today:
Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021
Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/ 🌐
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉
Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎
About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit individual needs.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
FREE Virtual National Coding Symposium
APH ConnectCenter and California School for the Blind (CSB) co-host FREE Virtual National Coding Symposium, May 11th - May 14th 2021. Students, parents, and teachers are invited to learn how the world of coding, programming, and related careers are available and accessible to students who are blind and visually impaired. Click here to learn more and register today!
Sponsor Since: March 4th 2021
Website: https://aphconnectcenter.org/ 🌐
Email: email@example.com ✉
APH ConnectCenter Information and Referral Line:
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
About: The APH ConnectCenter offers curated advice and resources to assist children, parents, adults, and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired, and their associated professionals, leading to greater independence and success in their lives.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
BRAILLIANT Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here!
The wait is over! A redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from many participating online libraries and share information easily with your peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this is the Brailliant idea you need!
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021
Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐
Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥
About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
SuperNova — It's Magnification and So Much More
The SuperNova family of tools meet the needs of anyone with a visual impairment because you can get the version that's right for you-should your needs change, you won't need to change your tool. Plus, they include features you can't find anywhere else; true touchscreen functionality, interactive whiteboard compatibility, bold font and image sharpening, low computer resource requirements and remote access for Citrix and other desktop services! Try a FREE Download for 30 days!
Sponsor Since: January 28th 2021
Website: https://yourdolphin.com/ 🌐
Phone (USA & Canada): +1 (866) 797-5921 ☎
Phone (UK, Europe & Asia): +44 01905 754577 ☎
Phone (Nordic & Baltic Contries): +46 0515 82175 ☎
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of GuideConnect
Download a FREE 30-Day Trial of SuperNova
About: Dolphin Computer Access offers a wide array of solutions for students, people in the workforce, and at home who are blind, visually impaired or have dyslexia. Each product is purposefully designed to help users, with varying levels of technology experience, do everyday things EASILY on computers and tablets. Founded in 1986 and located in Worcester England, Dolphin has grown to become a global market leader worldwide.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Accessible Pharmacy Joins Be My Eyes
Accessible Pharmacy, the new, home delivery pharmacy with a blind founder, is bringing its full range of support and services to Be My Eyes. Users of the Be My Eyes app can now call Accessible Pharmacy directly to get support with medication, medical devices, and even home delivery COVID testing. With a fully trained and discreet pharmacy staff on call from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific, Accessible Pharmacy is the new way for blind and low vision consumers to get an easy, frictionless pharmacy experience. Call today — and you'll never have to take an Uber to the drugstore again.
Lead Contact: Will Butler, VP of Community
Sponsor Since: November 5th 2020
Website: https://www.bemyeyes.com/ 🌐
Download The App (iOS):
Download The App (Android):
About: Be My Eyes is a free mobile app that allows anyone who needs video support to get assistance from a dynamic range of volunteers and company customer support professionals from around the world. With more than 4 million volunteers and dozens of companies offering on-demand visual interpretation and support, Be My Eyes is a free, unlimited way to bridge gaps and get access to whatever information you need — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in any language. Download the app today from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store Featured Products
Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today!
Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020
Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐
Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎
Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎
About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
➜ This Week's Classified Ad:
Where does your imagination take you? Embark on an audio adventure with APH and Audiojack - an app for iOS and Android devices, comprised only of sound designs that tell a story for your imagination!
Perfect for all ages, Audiojack's sound-based movies promote fun and creativity in educational, medical, and therapeutic settings. Choose from a variety of categories and activities to suit your needs. Learn more at:
Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020
Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐
Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎
Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎
Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥
Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱
About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success.
Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading, not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 6,500 Adaptive Technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week.
Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 12 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication.
There are currently 0 of these 12 packages available.
If you would like to show your support for Tidbits by becoming a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ✉.
Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then be given 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list.
When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html
Top Tech Tidbits Supporters:
We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support!
Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication.
If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support.
In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible:
1.) Gary Lee
2.) Anonymous Donation
3.) Pshon Barrett
1.) Howard Goldstein
2.) David Goldstein
3.) Katherine Crohan
1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today.
1.) Steven Wettlaufer
2.) Shaun Everiss
Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information:
ABOUT:Founded in 2004, Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a leading not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 7,000 assistive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology. Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information technology access. Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin, Jenna Lang. Top Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication.
RELEASE SCHEDULE:Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday is sent out every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM EST / EDT.
SUBSCRIBE:Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy.
SPONSOR:If you would like to become 1 of only 12 Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html.
SUPPORT:If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html.
WEBSITE:Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com.
FACEBOOK:Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook.
TWITTER:Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter.
LINKEDIN:Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin.
YOUTUBE:Are you on YouTube? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube.
RSS:Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits.
QUESTIONS:Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
ARCHIVEVisit the Top Tech Tidbits Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS:Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at: email@example.com.
|Home: Top Tech Tidbtits||News: Top Tech Tidbtits||Subscribe: Top Tech Tidbits||Donate: Top Tech Tidbtits||Search: Top Tech Tidbtits||Facebook: Top Tech Tidbits||Twitter: Top Tech Tidbits||LinkedIn: Top Tech Tidbits||YouTube: Top Tech Tidbits||RSS: Top Tech Tidbits||Back to Top|
Information provided by: