Share to Facebook
A cool feature of JAWS is that you can have a different voice for different cursors or applications.
For example, maybe you like Tom for Microsoft Word and Ava for Microsoft Outlook.
Maybe you like punctuation in Microsoft Word, but not in Google Chrome. This is all handled through Voice Profiles.
• Open the JAWS menu with INSERT+J
• Go to Options, Voices, Voice Adjustment...
• Select the voice you want to adjust and press TAB to explore the dialog.
• When finished choose the Save As Button and give it a unique name followed by Ok.
• You will now be asked if you want to use this as the Default Voice Profile.
• Choose No.
• Go to the application where you want to use the new Voice Profile.
• Press INSERT+CTRL+S and select your new Voice Profile.
• This dialog has two list boxes, 1 for Default and the other for the current application.
• Press TAB to move to the listbox for the current application and choose your new Voice Profile.
• Press TAB and choose Ok.
This feature is also available in Fusion.
The Power of JAWS!
This Tip Brought To You By:
|To learn more visit the Freedom Scientific website or follow @FreedomSci on Twitter or Facebook, ask your smart speaker to play the Freedom Scientific Training Podcast or subscribe to the Freedom Scientific Training YouTube Channel.|